Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Sirfjsh new songs

Page 1 of 1

Hello, I would like to share the new songs recorded a few months ago..I hope there is something to your liking! I leave the link to listen via spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1T6EGS1ARZJsnfap8x5igH?si=HlKSBLV2QXODv-PaCEUT4Q

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020 09:06:27

Hey these are great! I’m gonna give it a good listen but just from skimming it really floats my boat. Solid original melodies, great tone, and a refreshing lack of that blues formula. The guitar sounds a little distorted in the first track? Lots of high screechy stuff that I usually hate, but here I find pretty dang captivating.

Daniel Deathtide

Hi!
thanks for your comment, it makes me very happy !!!
the first song is "the valley":
I liked using a more aggressive sound so I used the tube screemer.
I'm sure you can get better, but for the moment I have this pedal .... could you recommend a pedal to have a dirty but at the same time defined sound?
you wrote that there are strident things .... could you make me understand better?
otherwise I can't improve ....
I would like to understand if they are the same that I perceive ...
thanks let me know! ...

I was talking about the guitar tone only, and how many surf guitars sound screechy on the high strings and notes and yours don't! Your tone is nice and smooth on those high notes. This is my impression through laptop speakers, which tend to make everything screechy.

I would love to purchase these and download your stuff. Spotify does not seem to allow that anymore? It's been about eight years since I used my Spotify account and it's changed. Could you throw these up on Bandcamp? I can listen through the big speakers (which I'm doing now!) but I have to hang up the laptop to do so.

Daniel Deathtide

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020 12:43:20

Hello! Sorry if I didn't understand the meaning well, I trusted the translator because my English is not good !! I will definitely sign up at bancamp ... if you want the album it is available on cd baby music store precisely: store.cdbaby.com for the moment there is no physical cd you will find it in digital format. Let me know what you think!! Meanwhile, I listen to your songs! thank you very much!!

Nooooo don't listen to my stuff! I'm gonna take that stuff down, it's not a good representation.

But hey! I plugged the laptop in via hardline and listened to the album on big speakers a few times. I really like it! The songwriting is STRONG, melodies are original and the playing is well, humbling to me. You're an excellent guitarist.

The guitar tone is great, just lovely. I prefer the clean tone. I admit I did wonder where the reverb went?

After hearing it all, I discovered a desire to see this album played live. In an echoey room really loud! Your production is very clean, pleasant, and it fits these songs well. I guess what I'm saying is these songs would not sound bad in lo-fi either!

I almost was going to post a song-by-song review but I'm too lazy. Just like I never did any reviews for the 2020 SG101 comp. But hey, I did purchase off of CDBaby with one day left!

Daniel Deathtide

hi! Mine is very pleased it's a big satisfaction for me !! Thanks for being a prisoner of the album! Anyway I like your songs, I would like mine to support the full versions .. thanks again soon!

I reread and the translation sucks ..... I meant: I'd like to listen to the complete versions of your songs ....

I just want to say again how wonderful this album is. The songwriting is special, no filler riffs or boring predictable changes. Great production and flawless guitar playing.

But the melodies! They are all special and great. The drums are a quite different from most stuff I like. I usually like a more “rocking” beat but yours blend perfectly with the melodies.

Dan Izen

Daniel Deathtide

Hi Dan! I only read the message now .... Thanks so much!

That CD Baby store is now closed. It's nice to also have tracks also available on bandcamp if you can find to upload it. I was trying to remember my soundcloud login. When I remember it I'll be able to listen.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Hi! for a few days I have also uploaded to bandcamp ..... if you want you can listen to them .... it would make me very happy .... see you soon!

Sirfjsh on Bandcamp
Sounding great. Listening now. Sounds like a lot of love went in to these tracks. I love hearing new originals. Horizon is killing it in a moody kind of way.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Last edited: May 23, 2020 00:58:20

Hi! I am very pleased .... and thank you !!

Page 1 of 1