Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Descendant, new offset vibrato unit!

Page 1 of 1

I recently put this on my RI Jazzmaster, a new design by Chris at Swope Guitars. So far, so good! It's a very nice piece.

Interesting.
Do the holes at the endpiece sit lower than the regular bridge, thus increasing the break angle? Otherwise I don't understand the notches. Just checked the site, yes, it does increase the angle! Nice.
Not crazy about the 'modern' matte look, but it does work well with the Mastery bridge aesthetically.

Hey Brian, noticed a funny bug: The posting time shows my local, while the edit time shows US.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020 13:03:39

COOL!! I love the asymmetry of it. You got the sure-to-be-coveted “Pat pend” version! I’ve got an AVRI trem on a jag that I love, and a Mastery trem on a JM that I love less. The Mastery is a little too smooth; if I hit it by accident it wiggles and is audible as a weird vibrato. Maybe I should try one of these.

I wish there were a way to use this design, but somehow achieve more of a band. Several steps like a strat trem, but smooth like this style.

Daniel Deathtide

Yes, the primary innovation here is an improved break angle over the saddles. 2 different tension springs were included to choose from. It also seems to have a wider range of action than the 60's piece I took off of this guitar. A very well thought out unit for sure.
This is from the first run, perhaps they'll offer a polished version on down the road.

Toneschaser wrote:

Yes, the primary innovation here is an improved break angle over the saddles. 2 different tension springs were included to choose from. It also seems to have a wider range of action than the 60's piece I took off of this guitar. A very well thought out unit for sure.
This is from the first run, perhaps they'll offer a polished version on down the road.

How are you enjoying it after some time?

Page 1 of 1