Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink NGD 60s Lacquer Jaguar

Page 1 of 1

Heya,

After that other thread I had a Strat around for a while... but this thing is so much fun. A few coincidences aligned and I went for it.

AV65 neck pickup
Seymour Duncan SJAG 2 bridge
Staytrem arm and Mustang Bridge

It's had some cosmetic work. A few dings. It's going to get a lot of use!

Things I've noticed taking it apart compared to other Jag's I've seen online. No wire from the trem to ground. I'm thinking of putting one in even though there is a wire from the bridge to ground. No shielding under the guard. There is some shielding paint in the cavities.

I'm going to play around. Probably go for the tele style wiring. I AM thinking of using a rotary switch instead of the tone pot to mess about with Gretsch style tone switching which I like but... meh. It's all under that plate so easy enough to change.

Congrats, Bob! She's a beauty - love fiesta red and jags! Enjoy! Cool

The doofus formerly known as Snorre
Surfysonic on YouTube
World Famous Philistines: 2014 - 2015
K39: 2013 - 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv9JADQ4ukw

Nice! I wouldn't worry about grounding the trem, since it's grounded through the bridge ground wire (and drilling the hole for that wire could be a bit tricky).

Cheers guys! I’ve got a long drill bit to put in that trem ground wire. Relying on the ball ends for a ground seems a bit odd.

Got some 250k cts pots and this wronski style plate to play with. Came off reverb. Does the job but the finish isn’t the best.

Yo!

This project moved forward a bit today. I was waiting on some parts.
The rhythm circuit wiring has all been removed and I dismantled the switch before putting some heat shrink around it’s body and bolting that back in to cover the hole.

Got the wronski-style 3 position switch in there. Grounded the trem. Managed to borrow a drill bit for the job. The cavities had shielding paint but I put some copper tape on the back of the guard and then used an off cut of solder wick to sit between the body and guard to connect the shields. I actually used some wire braid and Teflon hook up wire for most of the wiring. I put some dry PTFE lube between where the plates in the trem grind up too.

Originally I tried using a rotary switch to add a gretsch style tone switch, but the unloaded setting was so bright I went to tell wiring. 250K pots and 22nf cap.

Got the flat wound 12s on there. Now it needs playing in again!

Rad! Love it!

Page 1 of 1