Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink The Song Baja by the Astronauts

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4

captmike wrote:

I have been working on the Song Baja and I notice that it is played several different ways and in different keys. It looks like the Astronauts played it in E? and the Chantays Played it in G. Yes/No? Anybody know or have a favorite arrangement? Looking for feedback....I love that song!

I just joined the site and perhaps you have your answer but I can say Part A is in key E and the B part is in G. I just tabbed the B part. Very close to the track, I think. :)) A rough version is attached. I will put it into Sibelius and double-check the rhythm.

oops..the F# in measure 2 is not on the track (last note). I think he bumps an open G but I am going to add the F# when I play it.

Here's Part A and B. I will be doing a complete score including the ending but this should get you through it. Contact me if you want the complete score. Will charge $2 via PayPal.

Last edited: Mar 01, 2020 12:23:51

Number9 wrote:

Your tab is wrong.
For example, jumping from Pos.VII to Pos.II (mes.11 to 12) is very acrobatic Laughing
Not to mention it's very unfair and may be not very lawful to ask for money for such a vague and inacurate tab on SG 101, imho.

Are you referring to where the B section goes from the G chord to the D chord? If so, I think he's right. It's the "D" shape chord up on the 7th fret and then slid down to 2nd fret. I suspect that's how a teenager in the 60's would have played it.

As for asking for money, yes a bit tacky. Maybe change it to 'donations accepted but not necessary' instead.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I think I’d do the position shift. You could accomplish the same thing without moving that far, but the timbre would be noticeably different when you shifted off the top three strings.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

I think they played the entire B section on the top three strings within an 8 fret span. It's ergonomically efficient and the melody comes out as simple arpeggios save for two notes. I always assume surf songs were played the simplest way and I believe this way to be just that. No acrobatics.

I've forayed into the world of youtube publishing to demonstrate!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019 21:59:58

Last edited: Mar 01, 2020 12:23:20

Redfeather wrote:

I think they played the entire B section on the top three strings within an 8 fret span. It's ergonomically efficient and the melody comes out as simple arpeggios save for two notes. I always assume surf songs were played the simplest way and I believe this way to be just that. No acrobatics.

I've forayed into the world of youtube publishing to demonstrate!

Very well. I play it differently and I know I am wrong. I think your way is certainly more towards the correct way of doing it. I also feel an arpeggio there and I agree with what you say: it should be the simplest way possible.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4