Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Aloha Fest 4 - an evening of European surf music

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

SabedLeepski wrote:

When will the tickets for edition 5 go on sale? ;P

When we know if Man Or Astroman can headline! Or my favorites Huevos Rancheros!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
www.arnyzona.com (my photography)
Aloha Fest on facebook

arny wrote:

When we know if Man Or Astroman can headline! Or my favorites Huevos Rancheros!

LOL. For me a return from The Chukukos would be well appreciated too. Or El Ray or The Tremolo Beer Gut for that matter ;)

Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 12:48:36

Another shameless self promotion... One of the new songs we played that night, called "Lullaby".
A friend of us recorded our complete show on video. He also shot 4-5 songs of the rest of the bands playing. And I had my 8-track recorder running on the Aloha Stage, so there are some video's and good audio coming from Bang! Mustang! and Arno de Cea and the Clockwork Wizards. No good audio from the main stage though, but the videos from Juli Dea are great too! Thanx Juli! If anyone had some good video from the festival, please send it to me, so a have more angles to montage with!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
Aloha Fest on facebook

Bang! Mustang! had some really bad luck getting to and from the festival. Their car broke down on the way from Leipzig to Venlo (a 5 hour+ drive). So they had to visit a garage in Dortmund and leave the car there to be fixed. They got on a train to Venlo and arrived just in time for their show. Sven and the drummer had to leave the next day really early to get to the birthday party of Sven's girlfriend. Patrick, the bassplayer had to stay with us untill the car was fixed. But there was an awfull winter storm on monday and no plane or train was leaving the Netherlands. We got him to Monchen Gladbach train station, just in time for the train to Dortmund. I think he was home just before midnight on monday! These guys really are motivated to play! A big thanx for enduring all the hard travel to play our festival!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
Aloha Fest on facebook

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020 11:34:27

Arno de Cea & the Clockwork Wizards closed this years fest. We had a little fruhshoppen breakfast with some friends, with no conversation, because everybody was a little deaf Wink
Four fingers of my left hand signaled 4 Belgium beers and one finger of my right hand was one coffee for the driver.... this times 4, or 5 or....

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
Aloha Fest on facebook

Last edited: Mar 01, 2020 09:32:50

Thanks for sharing the videos Arny. The one of Arno de Cea and the Clockwork Wizards may need a trigger warning Big Grin I didn't experience the lights being that flashing when I was standing there.

As for the sound from the two stages. I've been to the past three editions of Aloha Fest and have always preferred the sound of the smaller stage. Not sure why. Perhaps the smaller setup just fits surf better?

Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Thank you! Smile

Goto Page: Previous 1 2