Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink demo - how to play "Poseidon" by MBP / Meltones

Page 1 of 1

Got a request for a demo on how to play my song Poseidon, which MBP played at the 2019 KFJC surf battle. In case anyone else was wondering, here it is:

https://youtu.be/V3dOdn1wVIg

Hi Mel, thank you for generously posting your "how to play" video here. Excellent sound and video quality. Great view of your fingers and thank you for slowing it down enough to enhance the learning experience. I also appreciate the "high-tech" presentation of the chords. Tab would have been nice, but with what you have provided, I will be able to work that out.

I love it when anyone posts "how to play" material here on SG101, but it is particularly exciting when it is the author themselves.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Yeah like SilverFlash said, nice job MelWaldorf Cool

There should be a thread like this with all the how to play YouTubes on it so they don't get lost eventually in the maze.

What is confusing many times is when I learn a song note for note etc, I'll find video's later playing the song in many different ways, or just don't sound right tonality wise. I keep forgetting many songs can have three different positions to start on and all that jazz, but many others look to me to be using the original recording with mimed positioning as well, I've found a mixed bag of results out there on many songs.

I like your song and video is well done.

I was trying to find a way to record a video from the players point of view so the playing is easier to understand, I always have trouble learning songs up side down though. Mad

But this is a great how to play video - nice job.

What kind of guitar is that I don't recognize the brand even?

Very Cool Mel! Now we can finally get it 100%, right :-).
Poseidon was one of the tunes in the first batch of songs, we tried to play in El Ray when we started the band. Our take on it ended up on our debut album. It is such an amazing tune, you did there.

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Silverflash, thanks, and glad you enjoyed my mad A/V skills with the chord chart. ;)

Surfing Sam, the guitar is my own design. I'm working on making more. You can see the body of one and stacks of lumber on top of my Showman.

El Twang, I remember, it was such an honor that you guys covered it, and that was part of the reason why I revived the song for the last KFJC show.

If there are any other songs in the repertoire that are of interest, I can make more videos.

This was really cool Mel! Thanks for posting here!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Page 1 of 1