Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Seafoam Tsunami's New Single | Dive Bomb Dunes | Released Today!

Page 1 of 1

My band Seafoam Tsunami finished mixing this song earlier this week and I released the track on Bandcamp and Soundcloud today. I hope you enjoy it and spread the word. Also, feel free to reach out to me if you have anything (of your own or otherwise) that you'd like me to check out, as I'm taking in any instrumental surf rock music I can get my hands on regularly! Enjoy and have a great weekend!

https://seafoamtsunami.bandcamp.com/track/dive-bomb-dunes

-Mike Trem

Nice tune, thanks. Are you detuned or something when you hit that lower register? Sounds deep.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Hey, thanks for checking it out! I was not detuned, I think that deep sound is just a result of the tone/eq settings on my jazzmaster and the fender twin we used at the studio, and also the pickups are sounding extra hot because a tech adjusted them to sit really high and close to the strings. Anyway, I've really been putting the word out this weekend, and I'm glad that lots of people are hearing the song, so thanks again!

-Mike Trem

Hey man, I like your new song. I don’t know how to describe it, but it has a cool sounding “flutter” effect, I hope that makes sense. Really cool tune! If you get a chance, check out my bands first single “Late Night Surf.” My mixing and mastering is average at best, especially compared to your song. It’s on our bands website, hope you like it.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Hey SSS, thanks for checking out our song, and letting me know. I think I understand what you're talking about with the flutter effect, and I think it's the way that the engineers doubled the tremolo picking parts so you're hearing the attacks better- coming from both sides. Just a guess, though. Anyway, I checked out Late Night Surf, and I really like it. It sounds just like its title, and the reverb on the rhythm guitar riffs is great. Is it a reverb tank? Or maybe a SurfyBear pedal?

-Mike Trem

Your engineers did a really good job with the tremolo picking parts, that's a really cool sound. It pays to hire professionals...

As for "Late Night Surf," that is a 1963 Fender Reverb unit (RI) outboard tank. I am glad you enjoyed our tune!

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 16:40:43

Page 1 of 1