Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Just sharing a milestone in our lives.

Goto Page: Previous 1 216 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next

First chemo tomorrow morning. Starting then, everything my I and family knows about daily life changes. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your support, encouragement, and love!

SG101! SG101! SG101!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 09:53:53

Noel wrote:

First chemo tomorrow morning. Starting then, everything my I and family knows about daily life changes. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your support, encouragement, and love!

SG101! SG101! SG101!

Wishing you all the best, but most of all a quick and effective treatment.

Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Rooting for you, Noel!

Your kind and honorable personal character is an inspiration.

Noel,

If anyone has the attitude and perspective to win this fight, it's you. All the best.

Ed

Hi Noel, please keep us updated on your situation. I have really learned a lot from you on this forum, I am grateful for that.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Sending good vibes your way.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

My treatment will consist of what's called RCHOP, for Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunomycin, Oncovin, Prednisone, and a sixth compound as yet being discussed to maximize the possibility of successfully becoming cancer-free. Today I started with a full 500mg bolus of Rituximab, which is an immunotherapy that specifically targets the specific cancer I have. I tolerated it extremely well with no unpleasant effects and took the whole treatment and achieved the highest infusion rate as quickly as possible, which pleased everyone. They're now confident I will well-tolerate the full regimen of drugs.

Starting Tuesday, I will get everything in an all-day endurance treatment. All treatments throughout the scheduled plan are in-patient to monitor me over night. I will start with another full bag of Rituximab, followed by a maximum dose of Prednisone, a steroid. The other chemotherapies are designed to attack cancer generally, and increase the odds of success. The sixth compound is being debated to try to choose the most efficacious against my cancer. It is the sixth as yet unchosen compound which will make the final difference, so its selection is critical. I'll also be taking Prednisone between chemotherarpy sessions.

Every session will include a lumbar punch, very uncomfortable but necessary to monitor my brain for contamination. This is also essential and must be done simultaneously to ensure they can immediately address anything that migrated into my brain. There are also treatments for that.

All in all today was a huge success and a great start down the road to being cancer-free. No guarantees, but no one has any doubts I'm up to whatever they throw my way. Lookout cancer - here we come!

I won't post to about this every day. But you all gave me such an outpouring of love and support, I felt you'd like to know how well today went. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020 19:54:26

Godspeed, Noel! Sending good juju vibes your way buddy.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

"efficacious".I looked that up. That isn't a word I'm aware of ever hearing. I'm with you on that. Smile From what you described,you're going to have the test of your life. Godspeed in all this.

Hello, everyone,

Time for an update. I'm back home. The doctors have revised my treatment plan, powering up large doses of powerful chemotherapies into two days, followed by other treatments on subsequent days. I passed my echocardiogram so solidly, and am in otherwise such good overall health, they have confidence I can take the maximum therapy necessary to beat this. More good news is, I can have visitors the week of therapy, and also the week before it starts up again. I can even get in a trip out to a museum or gallery, with precautions. Maybe even a sparsely attended movie. The week in-between is when my immune system is at is weakest, so I'm only allowed to go to the hospital for tests. We're putting together a visitor schedule around my hospital visits, for anyone in Pittsburgh inclined to stop over and say hello.

So again, thank you all for your support, encouragement, and love! You all mean an awful lot to me. SG101 rules!

Happy trails,
Noel

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020 21:37:44

You absolutely rock Noel!!!

The Kahuna Kings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kahuna-Kings/459752090818447

https://thekahunakings.bandcamp.com/releases

Good to hear. Smile

Noel,

Somehow, this is the first we have heard of your battle. As you said, your good otherwise health will pull you through. You have been so kind to our family over the years, and it truly sucks this has happened. But, you have allot of people behind you. You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we expect good news soon.

Shoot the Pier on Bandcamp
Shoot the Pier on Reverb Nation
Shoot The Pier on Facebook
We are on Instagram under "@shootthepiersurfband"

My Country EP ... Florida Dirt Fire
https://floridadirtfire.bandcamp.com/album/florida-dirt-fire

My French Love Songs ... I really needed a change...
www.lonelyrose.bandcamp.com

Have you thought about taking CBD oil also?
A friend of my dads had cancer and took it and got better.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Noel, I've been meaning to weigh in on this but I'm never very good at knowing what to say or how to say it in these kind of situations. The feedback that you seem to be getting from your doctors sounds encouraging under the circumstances. Follow their orders to the letter. Their expertise along with your positive attitude will bring the best results possible.

In addition to your immediate family and friends, you have the entire SG101 community in your corner. Beat this thing!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020 10:28:47

Hi, Noel. It is important that you listen to lots and lots of music you enjoy now that you are undergoing treatment. Feelings of happiness improves treatment outcomes of all kinds.

(Even if it's not surf music).

Insanitizers! http://www.insanitizers.com

Was a time not so long ago I wasn't sure I was going to play music for a while, or maybe ever again. But thanks to the advice and support of old and new friends, here and on Facebook, and an invitation to join a surf project as soon as I'm able and ready, I realized I have to play music again. I've stripped my music room down to just the basics. A really nice, lightweight Fender acoustic that sounds great playing surf rhythms, my tablet with the songs I'd been playing, and my PA to play along with. I really NEED to do this! I'm GOING to do this!

Thank you all, every one!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020 02:21:22

A lot to update, and a heartfelt thank you to everyone who's asked how I'm doing.

All my lab results show me to continue to be healthy and strong. There is nothing to interfere with all my treatments. So far I've had no adverse reactions to anything they're doing to the cancer. So far. Based on the last three weeks, the plan remains to make me cancer-free by the end of May, and keep me cancer-free for the rest of my normal life. There are no guarantees, so they have plans for that if it becomes necessary. But no one is expecting anything but complete success. Today's meeting was the first which left Barbara feeling pretty confident and happy. Same with my daughter.

I only have one day off next week. Monday - Meet with my surgeon and then lab work to test blood for seven factors. Tuesday - lumbar infusion and immunotherapy. Wed - off (Whew!) Thursday - lab work to test blood for seven factors. Friday - remaining chemotherapy. Also, If the oral chemotherapy pill arrives in time, I'll take my first dose next Friday in the hospital so they can monitor my reaction. I'll take it for ten days after each chemotherapy session for the duration.

Hair Report.
One night last week as I was preparing for bed, I brushed my hair and a huge pile came out. Dropped loosely in the wastebasket, over the course of an hour it eventually grew to the size of a soccer ball. This has continued daily ever since. All my remaining hair should be gone shortly after next Friday's chemotherapy. I can't wait! No more shaving my ears. No more hair in inconvenient places. No more bad hair days. No more hats that are either too loose or too tight depending on a haircut. The only things I'll miss are my eyelashes and eyebrows for a while. Plus, I'm told when enough time has passed for me to grow hair again, it might be straight or it might be curly. I'll have a new look. Or I may decide to stay bald.

Anyway, that's everything. Except for this -

Thanks to you all from the bottom of my heart for your continuing support, encouragement, and love, which are not only good for my soul, but help keep me in my positive, upbeat mood, which as the doctors keep telling me makes it easier for them to treat me, and makes the treatment more effective.

-

Last edited: Mar 03, 2022 06:27:14

Hey Noel, I'm late coming into this news because I'm not as active online here or on social media as I should be, but I'm glad to hear that you're coming through it in good spirits. Keep it up, man.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Goto Page: Previous 1 216 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next