Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The story behind "Cecilia Ann"

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

In the mid 90’s, I took a trip to Downey to find Wenzel's music town and did finally locate it. I went in and met Tom and his wife and toured the old studio and record store. The original master tapes were on shelves in the bathroom! The recording studio was a dump for juke box 45's so I looked around for ages and finally I asked for a recommendation. He sold me the Surf Legends and Rumors cd and when I played it for the Breakaways, we added Cecilia Ann to the set list and covered it for years!

Craig Skelly

Little Kahuna
www.littlekahunamusic.com
The Breakaways
The Curl Riders

First time I've logged into this forum in months and I think I need to do it more often. What a great story/thread about Cecelia Ann, one of my favorite surf tunes!

Tien_Doan wrote:

First time I've logged into this forum in months and I think I need to do it more often. What a great story/thread about Cecelia Ann, one of my favorite surf tunes!

Yeah I like this kind of thing too, all the Surf tunes should have a thread like this. Many songs can be classified into groups and lineage of genesis they evolved from.

Look how many "Walk Don't Run" type songs there are, just change the rhythm and progressions on chords and medley and there are new songs that are made using the same mechanics playing wise in the same key.

Last edited: Feb 09, 2020 19:52:48

my introduction to 'cecelia ann' was the version by the pixies. such a cool tune. a group of us played it student concert night at national guitar workshop some years ago. everyone loved it.

www.surfintheeye.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 2