Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Hendrix guitar spotted in Arizona

Page 1 of 1

Found this paisley Goya Rangemaster guitar once played by Jimi Hendrix at a vintage shop in Mesa Arizona. No, I didn't play it, yes I did touch it ! Smile

Hey, could you tell me the shop?

I strongly believe this is not a guitar that JH played. After doing a two minute google search i found a picture of Jimi playing the same model of guitar, but definitely not the same exact instrument. Due to it's distinct paisley pattern it's very easy to see that the pattern falls on different parts of the guitar.

OK boomer. What's your proof? And why are you even posting it here on SG101? It's a fuggin' cool guitar, but to just rattle off that it was once played by Jimi is bad form. I guess you misunderstood whatever information was given to you, or the owner of the pawn shop is full of it. Or maybe just wishful thinking. I don't know, but it's not Jimi's.

Or maybe i just misunderstood your post due to lack of clarity and information.

Regardless, it's a cool guitar and it'd be cooler if it had a trem.

After buying it new and owning it for over 50 years, earlier this year I sold essentially the same model guitar--with a factory installed vibrato. It was in cherry red, no paisley, and it used pushbuttons. The family of my girlfriend at the time owned the company, and they arranged the deal I couldn't pass up but should have.

Although the neck was slender, the action low and buzz-free, the tone gorgeous, the vibrato smooth and the tuning stable, it was not compatible with me. Just like the girlfriend. It was the only guitar that caused my left wrist to ache. I've played many guitars with thicker or thinner necks, thicker or thinner strings, larger or smaller bodies, and much worse action, but this was the only one to cause wrist ache. It was puzzling why. Maybe it was memories of Ellen.

Insanitizers! http://www.insanitizers.com

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019 15:40:47

Well...Afterall he did post in the shallow end..

"Here's to the man who drinks dark ale and goes to bed quite mellow. He lives as he ought to live and dies a jolly good fellow"

Page 1 of 1