Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Pollo Del Mar Hype Machine

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

PolloGuitar wrote:

Pollo Del Mar will play a set at Bender's in SF, Saturday, 7/19. Music at 3-ish. It's Jeremy's 50th, should be a throw down party. All are invited. Benders's- 806 S Van Ness Ave at 19th Street, San Francisco

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Our last gig!

O R W A S I T ? ? ? ?

Stay tuned!

Thanks for digging this up Simon!, I hadn't seen it.

simoncoil wrote:

PolloGuitar wrote:

Pollo Del Mar will play a set at Bender's in SF, Saturday, 7/19. Music at 3-ish. It's Jeremy's 50th, should be a throw down party. All are invited. Benders's- 806 S Van Ness Ave at 19th Street, San Francisco

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Hmmm Shocked

Jeff(bigtikidude)

That was an epic afternoon! We need more of these birthday reunions. Who's milestone birthday is next???

Bob

Loved the video. This captures much of what I love about Surf; the power of well played Rock guitar over an insistent beat and no added filler. I hope there are more to come.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Pollo Del Mar is reuniting for a couple shows- October 5 at Benders in SF, and for the KFJC 60th Anniversary party on October 26 on the Foothill College campus in Los altos Hills.
Here's a link to the FB event page for the KFJC show. KFJC will also provide live video of the show over their web feed.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Love hearing this! We always need some Pollo Del Mar in our world!

More info here: https://kfjc.org/events/

Glasgow Tiki Shakers, The Berzerkers, The Insect Surfers, Pollo del Mar, and The Mermen.

I gotta go!

If I'd stop buying old guitars to fix, I might actually learn to play.
Bringing instruments back to life since 2013.

This is such great news!!! I also noticed a couple of gigs at Brick & Mortar, S.F. Looks like they might be opening slots, with non-surf bands on the bill?

Bob

Buyer beware-- that's not us, it's the S.F. drag queen who didn't do a google search before she chose her name.

RobbieReverb wrote:

This is such great news!!! I also noticed a couple of gigs at Brick & Mortar, S.F. Looks like they might be opening slots, with non-surf bands on the bill?

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Doh!!! Glad I asked! Thanks for the clarification, Ferenc.

PolloGuitar wrote:

Buyer beware-- that's not us, it's the S.F. drag queen who didn't do a google search before she chose her name.

RobbieReverb wrote:

Bob

Some noise in the Pollo Del Mar camp--
We recorded and album (our first in 17 years!) and are getting it ready for release.
In the mean time, we have a couple of gigs coming up- live and a webcast. We'll be playing a long set of old stuff and a lot from our upcoming album.
4/17-6pm at Rebel Base, 46th between Santiago and Taraval. This is a wacky, must see SF institution.
4/24- 6 wish - The Complex SF- This is broadcast through twitch.tv, so sign up to that service to see the show.
https://www.twitch.tv/thecomplexsf

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021 23:09:29

Any vinyl in the plans, Ferenc?? —

www.LosVenturas.be

LosVenturas wrote:

Any vinyl in the plans, Ferenc??

Yes! The new album will come out on vinyl on MuSick. Also, some talk about re-releasing our two albums on MuSick on vinyl. I'm very happy about this!

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Today-- Pollo Del Mar at the Rebel Base house, 2335 46th Ave between Taraval and Santiago. Music starts at 6.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

I can barely express just how great this was! It was my first venture out, for fun, in over a year. So very nice to see, and connect with, friends and familiar faces. Pollo Del Mar was in fine form, and previewed a bunch of utterly fantastic new tunes from the upcoming album. They played many of the old favorites, as well, and snuck in a surprise or two. "Insecticide" with an inspired "Batman" thrown into the middle, was fantastic. The Rebel Base house was a cool setting for this event, and their sponsoring of this show, is much appreciated. I walked down to the beach, after the show, to catch the smell of the ocean air, and to enjoy seeing and hearing the crashing of the waves. I'm so glad that it was Pollo Del Mar that welcomed me back to a world of live music, and some sense of normalcy. A huge thank you to Pollo Del Mar, the Reble Base, and to all the folks that showed up.I can't imagine a more memorable night.

Bob

You don’t know how Jealous I am Bob.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I feel your pain, Jeff! Cry

Bob

Thanks for coming Bob. That show was wicked fun and all the people were so happy to be attending a live music event. The first question anybody asked each other was, are you double Vaxxed? The correct answer was usually followed by a big hearty hug.
We are doing a webcast next Saturday night on twitch TV. I will post the information about how to find it soon. Thanks.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

It would be cool of someone shot some video of the set! Let us know if some of it gets up on YouTube. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/TheSandDevils

http://metamorphosisroad.blogspot.com/

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next