Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Spring reverb issue

Page 1 of 1

Hello, all. The spring reverb onboard my amp (US-made Crate V3112) decided to disappear completely. Kick the amp and you'll hear that glorious splash. And the guitar comes through perfectly. But for some reason, no reverb comes through. Anyone ever dealt with this?

Might be new amp time. Bummer. Those really are sleeper amps for surf rock. Sounds terrific when it's actually working.

Could be the reverb pan cables. Easy and cheap to replace. For $5.00 you can get replacements that are probably of better quality than stock. Antique Electric/Amplified Parts always has them.

Agree

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Last time I had a problem with reverb making too little reverb, it was a combination of the reverb tube and the reverb tank being bad. In fact, not being much of a tech, my checklist for trouble shooting any amp problems is check cables>spray contact points and pots out>check tubes>take to tech.

Guitarist for Black Valley Moon & Down By Law

Thanks, guys. Checked the cables. All good there. Swapping the Verb tube is the next step. I appreciate it.

Check the op amp in the reverb part of the circuit. Those can become problematic over time. I know he's more into brewing beers these days but is Jerry Glass still working on amps in Ft Wayne? He was my go to guy when I lived there.

Page 1 of 1