Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink Anyone surf in Morro Bay?

Page 1 of 1

I'm looking for people to play surf music with. I figured I'd start here. I haven't posted on this forum before, but I've been following it for a while. I've learned a lot about surf guitar from all of you. First, I want to say thanks.

So here's what I'm looking for: someone in the Morro Bay/San Luis Obispo general area who wants to start a surf band with me. I play both guitar and bass. I've been learning a lot of surf guitar lately, and I can play a lot off the top of my head--about a dozen classics (Walk Don't Run, Pipeline, Apache, Wipeout, etc.), some Link Wray and Duane Eddy songs, a whole lot of Man or Astroman?, and a few other instrumental tunes. I already play bass in a rock band. I'm looking to play guitar in this one.

Ideally, I'm looking for a bass player and drummer. If you're interested, hit me up.

I should probably add that I'm a 49-year-old college professor. I'm not planning on being a rock star. I like playing out and can set up shows, if that's what we want. Mostly, I just like playing music with other people.

Welcome to the forum, Doc! Good luck in your search for bandmates. Seems like surf is gaining popularity on the Central Coast. I live in the Bay Area, and saw the show at the Siren, earlier this month, featuring the Suffragettes & Greasy Gills. I hope that you're playing there, before too long. Nice venue!

Bob

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019 22:37:22

Thanks, Bob! I was at that Greasy Gills/Surfrajettes show, too. Both bands were great!

Page 1 of 1