Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink Playing by the roaring river!

Page 1 of 1

Since we are located in Colorado, the Royal Aces don't get many opportunities to play by the water. But, we were lucky enough yesterday to play for the grand opening of the Eagle River Water Park, in Eagle, Colorado. This one photo reflects what a great day it was - the roaring Eagle River was loud, but we were louder!

That's awesome! Did the water effect your REVERB? More DRIP? Ha!! Laughing

What cab are you using there? 1X15? Which model Quilter?

Mike

More drip! That's a good one. The cab is an old 1x15 with a Weber California in it. And, the Quilter is a Micro Pro Mach 2...which, not surprisingly, I leave on the "Surf" setting. I was a hardcore Fender amp man since the 1960s, but, for the past two years, I have used only the Quilter, and am completely happy with it. I have a Fender Bassman head for back-up, but have never had to use it - the Quilter is a workhorse.

COOL! I want to live in Colorado. I may if they pass these insane anti-women’s rights laws down here.

Is that a Senny e609 dangling there? Interesting placement, closer to the dust cap than I used to place those. I’ve been using a AKG D112 in a similar position, just a little closer to the rim.

I love the compact 1x15. I want a brown Vibrosonic as a lower volume Showman / 15” tone ring.

Daniel Deathtide

I'm not sure about the model of microphone - the sound crew handled all of the P.A. gear, and I didn't take a close look at the microphones that were used. Certainly sounded great, though.

They should get you guys up here to Fort Collins when they open the new water park on the Poudre River!

All opinions expressed by this poster are well thought out and based on actual experience and/or scientific experimentation, except for those which are knee-jerk reactions or good sounding fantasies.

Sweet! From the '68 Fender catalog Big Grin :

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Page 1 of 1