Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear Fet Reverb

Goto Page: Previous 1 2119 120 121 122 123135 136 Next

Hi Gang!
I didn't wanted to read all 120 pages this time so i decited to ask.
Can anyone recommend a spring pan with a max. Length of 26 cm / 10" ?

Best wishes and greets
El

Peter, sometimes low reverb signal is caused reversed cavles to the reverb. Please check that RevOUT goes to INPUT of the pan, and RevIN to OUTPUT.

ELRondo, I recommend a pan with 8 or 10 ohm input impedance and 2250 ohm output imp. For example the small version: 8AB3C1B

bjoish wrote:

Peter, sometimes low reverb signal is caused reversed cavles to the reverb. Please check that RevOUT goes to INPUT of the pan, and RevIN to OUTPUT.

I knew that, tried both ways , to make sure. when i connect input+ with output + i get a clean loud signal like a footswitch bypass would do, is this normal and the way you route for a footswitch input?
Peter

Sorry for my sloppy text.
Connecting RevOUT to RevIN would cause extreme gain, I dont recommend that. The footswitch will disable the return signal by shorting RevIN to ground.
If you shake the pan, do you get a loud splash?
Have you checked the values of the potentiometers?
We also have troubleshooting tips on the faq pages on the website.

Last edited: Jul 07, 2019 13:09:25

bjoish wrote:

Sorry for my sloppy text.
Connecting RevOUT to RevIN would cause extreme gain, I dont recommend that. The footswitch will disable the return signal by shorting RevIN to ground.
If you shake the pan, do you get a loud splash?
Have you checked the values of the potentiometers?
We also have troubleshooting tips on the faq pages on the website.

hi, not the reverb in and out, the guitar and amp jacks.
yes , get a splash,not as loud as it should be, but it`s there. checked the potis 2x 50 , 1x 250 goes to mix.

-

Last edited: Mar 03, 2022 06:56:41

Gilette wrote:

Peter, i'm not sure but didn't you switch any of the ground wires to the rca connectors?

The red ones go to the center pole, grey and black are GND , go to side pole of the jacks, should be right.
thx

-

Last edited: Mar 03, 2022 06:50:19

Peter, I will repky to your mail!

bjoish wrote:

Peter, I will repky to your mail!

Thanx, check it out later.
There`s a test of the SURFYBEAR REVERB TANK METAL and the non metal version in the german Gitarre und Bass magazine + Interview of you, wonder if they send you a copy.
Testers liked the surfy bear, more orders incoming i guess.
THX
Peter

Very Happy

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 09:47:44

Hi,
Thanx a lot for the help.
Got a replacement board , put things together and after an hour everything works, no hum or noises. Love the sound.
Thanx again Bjôrn and Lorenzo for the fast help.
Here`s my build, nothing for the road, but something different, Acryl needs some polish, the sides are not closed yet but 80% ready.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 09:48:27

Decided to build one myself, sounds great

The Del-Vipers

Last edited: Aug 01, 2019 23:22:11

Rossmosis wrote:

Decided to build one myself, sounds great

I dig that LED choice. Cool!

Hey y'all, just finished my DIY kit with a Belton tank. All mounted to my pedalboard

My question is actually what style of enclosure unintentionally crashes the most?

I actually want this random crashing sound sprinkled throughout my band's set. I'm finding right now I have to physically pickup an end of the tank and let it fall back down to crash, not exactly convenient mid song

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 12:31:08

Doc_Helliday wrote:

Hey y'all, just finished my DIY kit with a Belton tank. All mounted to my pedalboard

My question is actually what style of enclosure unintentionally crashes the most?

I actually want this random crashing sound sprinkled throughout my band's set. I'm finding right now I have to physically pickup an end of the tank and let it fall back down to crash, not exactly convenient mid song

Hi Doc,
interesting premise! You'd have to experiment with opposite of the advice usually given, i.e.:
- mount the pan directly to a hard surface, w/o any springs/foam or other type of absorption.
- if you dare tinkering, replace the INNER pan springs with softer ones.
- place it closer to vibrating sources (bass drum, big speakers)
- If the pan is C type, mount it as B type, and vice versa (talking about horizontal/vertical orientation)
- install a mechanical lever that would lift the whole pedalboard at the slightest press, or that would hit it hard enough.

Keep in mind, that the springs could rattle throughout, but the coveted crash happens only when they actually hit the enclosure.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 12:50:44

Ariel wrote:

Hi Doc,
interesting premise! You'd have to experiment with opposite of the advice usually given, i.e.:
- mount the pan directly to a hard surface, w/o any springs/foam or other type of absorption.
- If the pan is C type, mount it as B type, and vice versa (talking about horizontal/vertical orientation)
- install a mechanical lever that would lift the whole pedalboard at the slightest press, or that would hit it hard enough.

Keep in mind, that the springs could rattle throughout, but the coveted crash happens only when they actually hit the enclosure.

Thanks for the advice! I gotta reverse engineer y'alls solutions.

Seems like, mounted to a pedalboard it doesn't crash at all, which is nice. I'll have to experiment. My plan was to make a 2 tier pedalboard with the pan under, but tilting back/picking up the whole board is too combersome

was trying to avoid mounting it in a toolbox, just to cut down on things to carry to the gigs but, that may actually end up being more practical/controllable

Doc_Helliday wrote:

Ariel wrote:

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the advice! I gotta reverse engineer y'alls solutions.

Seems like, mounted to a pedalboard it doesn't crash at all, which is nice. I'll have to experiment. My plan was to make a 2 tier pedalboard with the pan under, but tilting back/picking up the whole board is too combersome

was trying to avoid mounting it in a toolbox, just to cut down on things to carry to the gigs but, that may actually end up being more practical/controllable

Top of page 103 is my board. I can get the pan to crash by lifting it with my foot and dropping it. Not too cumbersome at all.

DerJuicen wrote:

Top of page 103 is my board. I can get the pan to crash by lifting it with my foot and dropping it. Not too cumbersome at all.

I was trying to base my board off of yours, how did you build it and what do you use for a case?

Doc_Helliday wrote:

DerJuicen wrote:

I was trying to base my board off of yours, how did you build it and what do you use for a case?

That board I had made back in '02 I think. Had the diamond plate laying around, was playing through a Mesa dual rec at the time. The bottom was for the 5 button footswitch, the top had tuner/gate/phaser/chorus. No longer have the Mesa, and it worked perfectly in this config. I can take measurements when I'm back home if you want. I am also thinking about a new board without diamond plate. Spring pan under the front part, power supply under the rear, as my pedal collection has grown. Never put this one in a case, if I ever did need a case I would personally look into Pelican cases.

I think i have an easy and proper solution for a housing wich easily shakes the springs.
Make the bottom of the housing not flat.
Make it with an angle in the horizontal mid.
So you can easily rock it over the angle.

Sorry i can't explain it better in english.
If you like i can make a little drawing.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2119 120 121 122 123135 136 Next