Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender Showman 6G14-A Clone

Page 1 of 1

Second-time poster here! Has anyone ever done a clone of a 6G14-A Showman? I'm wanting to build one really bad but I cannot find a chassis for it or a company that makes one! Anyone here built one or have found a chassis for one? Also, I'm going to build a 6G15 tank ;)

Thanks!

Liam S

AWESOME! I can't help you, but I think what you're doing is super super cool! I have a 6G14-A Twin that I'd like to separate into a head & cab, but its chassis is in great shape. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Have you tried TDPRI or OSG? Seems like there's a ton of techs on there who would be able to answer your question.

Daniel Deathtide

I asked about doing the same thing once upon a time. Our forum buddy Tqi was inspired to the point of actually doing it. Whereas I ended up just buying a Gomez Surfer, his project is currently underway, as far as I know. Hopefully he'll see this and give us an update!

There aren't any brownface Showman chassis to be found but he had success using a blackface one.

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/30677/?page=1

Last edited: Jul 09, 2019 16:58:46

DeathTide wrote:

AWESOME! I can't help you, but I think what you're doing is super super cool! I have a 6G14-A Twin that I'd like to separate into a head & cab, but its chassis is in great shape. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Have you tried TDPRI or OSG? Seems like there's a ton of techs on there who would be able to answer your question.

I have not tried those forums yet! I should, thanks!

Liam S

Redfeather wrote:

I asked about doing the same thing once upon a time. Our forum buddy Tqi was inspired to the point of actually doing it. Whereas I ended up just buying a Gomez Surfer, his project is currently underway, as far as I know. Hopefully he'll see this and give us an update!

There aren't any brownface Showman chassis to be found but he had success using a blackface one.

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/30677/?page=1

How is that Gomez Surfer? Does yours have the 2x15 cab? These sound very good also because they're a faithful recreation of that circuit!

Liam S

The Surfer is great! Dario did a really nice job with them and it, like the original, is a beast. I do run it through two D-130s so it provides the intended thunder. I also installed a pull pot on one channel to scoop it a bit more than stock. It's fairly subtle.

I will say, though, that brownface distortion is really cool and you aren't going to get any with a Showman. That is, unless you're using it for residential demolition.

Redfeather wrote:

The Surfer is great! Dario did a really nice job with them and it, like the original, is a beast. I do run it through two D-130s so it provides the intended thunder. I also installed a pull pot on one channel to scoop it a bit more than stock. It's fairly subtle.

I will say, though, that brownface distortion is really cool and you aren't going to get any with a Showman. That is, unless you're using it for residential demolition.

DO you have any pictures/sound demos? I would love to hear it!

Liam S

Last edited: Jul 09, 2019 20:28:42

Here's a quick demo.

Redfeather wrote:

Here's a quick demo.

That's THE sound man!

Liam S

The cabinet I used for that was actually subpar, now that I think about it more. The recone kits used on them were not good ones. So there's a distinct lacks of highs from it, which probably makes the amp sound more midrangey than it really is. Though it is pretty midrangey.

Page 1 of 1