Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Help me choose a guitar

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 15:56:01

Delrin96mm wrote:

Played a Revelation RJT-60 in a local guitar shop a few days ago (see link below). This is an offset-body guitar without the often troublesome Jag/Jazzmaster bridge. The one I tried sounded great and played like a dream. The vibrato arm played very nicely, too. This model features a switch that alters the output of the pickups in five stages, so you can go from a super clean sound to crunch and points in between without the need for pedals. I've no idea how these play out of the box. The one I tried had been checked and set up by the shop owner, who is also the best guitar tech in my area. The RJT-60 retails for about 230 pounds in the UK. An absolute bargain: if I weren't saving up for my first valve amp and some pedals, I would've bought it on the spot. I probably will end up getting one eventually.

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-60/

Those look sweet! Nothing near me has them....have to chekc Reverb!

Hey that Revelation RJT-60 is nice - yeah its a shame Fender never did that with both - the only reason they have the floating bridge was old players from the 1940's and 50's liked playing behind the bridge to get that crinkle sound Nokie Edwards use to play a lot in the 1960's, but that was before effects pedals really came out so its a obsolete feature now.

Sounds like you’ll have a go at fixing the jag, which I think is the right choice.

I couldn’t help suggesting this as your next guitar. Here’s Shigeo Naka from a 2008 performance. No pesky middle pickup and a jaguar trem. Hard to say what the bridge is, but a roller bridge would do the trick. I might have to put this on my project list

If I'd stop buying old guitars to fix, I might actually learn to play.
Bringing instruments back to life since 2013.

Very cool.

I setup a strat that I was considering flipping tonight and played it for a bit. It’s actually quite nice. I lowered the pickups and the action and I’m kind of fond of it.
It would need new pickups, but I could do that.

If I had a trem arm to fit it I would be able to really know if I wanted to keep it.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2