Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Convert squier vi to jaguar?

Page 1 of 1

Kooky question, I have a squier vi, was wondering if I could convert to a jaguar by replacing the neck with a jaguar neck? They look the same to the naked eye, other than the neck, so I’m wondering if they use the same body for both guitars, and just switch out the neck?

The bass six?

Yup, the bass vi.

Measure from the neck heel to the bridge. If they’re both the same, then yeah, it’ll convert. If not, then nope, unless you can convince warmoth or one of the other neck companies into making something.

I think they are the same size = but the Squire Neck has less meat under the nut but the rest of the neck is about the same. But I swear they feel different playing them. The bridges on the Fenders seem to work better, so there is no advantage to me kit bashing a Jag like that to me.

I think your money would be better spent trading in the squire for a real Fender Jaguar though, The woods are definitely different then the Squires, and the Fenders sound better to me. ( I have both versions) They look the same , but are not the same, and even the year its made has a loot to do with it as well.

No, you can't do that. The bridges are in different places. The bridge on a Jag is about where the bottom pickup on the VI sits.

But you can capo it way up on the neck to give it an effective scale length of 24" or thereabouts!

Confused I sorry I didn't see the VI part I thought it was a Squire Jaguar.

Yeah sounds like a bad idea to swap out necks like that and would ruin the value as well. I think the trade in option is still is a good idea.

Depends on how much money and time you want to burn really.

Flyernut wrote:

Kooky question,

Kooky!

I have a squier vi, was wondering if I could convert to a jaguar by replacing the neck with a jaguar neck? They look the same to the naked eye, other than the neck,

No! have you even looked at them?

so I’m wondering if they use the same body for both guitars, and just switch out the neck?

The VI's body is longer and heavier, the wiring scheme is very different, it won't be anything like a Jaguar. Seriously, the Squier VI is a wonderful and versatile instrument, why botch it.
I would like too see an abomination like this nevertheless, to point and laugh.

It may not intonate properly. Use the money for a new neck towards a used vintage modified jag. Or, get one of these.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019 14:50:31

Get creative and do a one off build. Squier Jagmaster modified. Purchased from the late great Bruce Duncan of Long Board Ranch.

"Here's to the man who drinks dark ale and goes to bed quite mellow. He lives as he ought to live and dies a jolly good fellow"

Page 1 of 1