Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink SurfyTrem DIY builds and FAQ's

Goto Page: Previous 1 27 8 9 10 11 Next

on the footswitch 3PDT:
in return (footswitch gnd =ON)
send out (footswitch)
X Y (disconnected =OFF)

on the additional mode switch (original / true bypass):
in return (original mode)
X Y
gnd in (true bypass mode)

That's right. The center line of each table is toggling between top and bottom connections.

So 3PDT pin 4-6 is connected to send/out/footswitch and toggles between in/ret/gnd (turns on the circuit) and X/Y/broken connection. So the circuit is off or on.

Then DPDT state determines what happens when 3PDT turns the circuit off - either keeps send/out connected to in/return when circuit is off or grounds&bypasses to send/in. The only downside is that even when you change to same pair of wires, 3PDT will always electrically disconnect it for a moment just like with true bypass.

Today I tried to finish my surfy trem kit pedal but unfortunately it doesn't work. it only lights up the little red LED D4 on the board but the trem does not work.. I checked all connections again. unfortunately can not find a mistake. Does anyone could help me?

1) Make sure you have the guitar plugged into the input jack of the pedal and the output going to your amp, and not vice versa. (happens all the time Smile )

2) Post clear pictures of the board , connections, soldering etc.

3) Tell us what power supply you're using. Best to take a picture of it and all the writing on it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018 20:12:46

Did you solder in a jumper in the spot where the optional footswitch wires in? You say the LED on the board lights up, but how about the LED you wire to the board?

And hooking up the input and output cables backwards happens to me sometimes as well, especially when quickly trying to hoook things up and test them out.

Have anyone build a Surfytrem with two speed controls slow/fast? Is it possible? Toffe Hunnebostrand

Toffe wrote:

Have anyone build a Surfytrem with two speed controls slow/fast? Is it possible? Toffe Hunnebostrand

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/29398/?page=9#p414688

I have a Surfy Bear Metal incoming. I have looked for a footswitch schematic (unlike the original, the SB Metal has a dedicated footswitch jack) but have found nothing. Does anyone want to contribute a schematic for a jacked footswitch?

Makai

Otaznik, anu chance you could make a schematic view and post of this?
Would be very appreciated!

on the footswitch 3PDT:
send out (footswitch)
X Y (disconnected =OFF)

X Y

That's right. The center line of each table is toggling between top and bottom connections.

So 3PDT pin 4-6 is connected to send/out/footswitch and toggles between in/ret/gnd (turns on the circuit) and X/Y/broken connection. So the circuit is off or on.

Then DPDT state determines what happens when 3PDT turns the circuit off - either keeps send/out connected to in/return when circuit is off or grounds&bypasses to send/in. The only downside is that even when you change to same pair of wires, 3PDT will always electrically disconnect it for a moment just like with true bypass.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019 03:02:28

Rustan wrote:

Otaznik, anu chance you could make a schematic view and post of this?
Would be very appreciated!

on the footswitch 3PDT:
send out (footswitch)
X Y (disconnected =OFF)

X Y

Thank you very much otaznik!!

Any pictures of your build?

If you wanted to make it even more complicated, how about reversing the Footswitch and Footswitch Ground wires in your diagram then wiring an led ground pin to the remaining lug. That way, when you switch out the tremolo, you can have an led that goes on and tells you the tremolo is out. Using a second 3pdt mini toggle instead of a 2pdt and wiring a red led to the third pole would show you when you have the unit in true bypass.

It isn't over until it's overdone.

patterson wrote:

If you wanted to make it even more complicated, how about reversing the Footswitch and Footswitch Ground wires in your diagram then wiring an led ground pin to the remaining lug. That way, when you switch out the tremolo, you can have an led that goes on and tells you the tremolo is out. Using a second 3pdt mini toggle instead of a 2pdt and wiring a red led to the third pole would show you when you have the unit in true bypass.

It isn't over until it's overdone.

If you have use for it Smile Anyway, I don't have any room left, I don't even dare to open it while it works...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019 03:16:24

Hey guys what's the best way to get a speed increase? I'm trying to match the speed I heard on a vintage song There doesn't seem to be an internal trim for that function.

working on my surfy bear build. building it out of a black army ammo box

here is the designed faceplate

Hey i gotta question
On the surfy trem does the speed knob have to be a 100k reverse pot
Can it be switched for a linear

You can use a linear pot but the range of available speeds will be confined to a very tiny range on the dial.

With a linear pot you'll more or less have this:
Between 1 and 9 on the dial: speed will go from slow to almost equally slow
Between 9 and 10 on the dial: speed will go from slow to fast.

With a linear pot position 9 will represent the original position 2 of the log pot.

In other words, 90% of the original range will now be on 10% of the dial/pot/knob.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 15:08:53

Finally i did my surfy trem build. Sounds great, Brown mode is super fun to play.

One problem - it's faster than original pre-built pedal, in this review it can go much slower : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQvlADnAK6M

Bjorn, do you use another speed pot value in pre-built trem pedals? Or my speed pot is faulty? I can post a video of a LED blinking.

Thanks in advance,
Stan

UPDATE: Tolerance for pots is 10-20%, can this be an issue? I can't check the resistance, since i'v soldered it.

Does anyone know on average how long it should take to get a surfytrem

Lol nevermind
Darn tracking number finally updated lol

Last edited: May 01, 2019 13:47:12

Goto Page: Previous 1 27 8 9 10 11 Next