Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Dialtones - Fore 'N' Aft 1981-1984 pre-order

Page 1 of 1

I wasn't going to post this but thought maybe there'd be some (slight) interest? A local label is releasing some archival recordings of my first band, The Dialtones. We were punks, we were surf, we were rockabilly, we were basically young knuckleheads having fun and making noise Big Grin . Only 3 songs could qualify as "surf", but it's a pretty good 80's capsule of "do anything you want" kookiness.

Water Under the Bridge Records continues on their historical voyage to document the musical stylings of San Pedro’s not so distant past with this collection of tunes from Pedro & P.V.’s go-to house party pioneers of the early ‘80s: The Dialtones.

The Dialtones used various ingredients (punk, surf, rockabilly) to help stir these parties into a juvenile frenzy. Dare to bring back the memories of your youth with these 12 tunes that may or may not be par for the course these days? You decide. Get back on the party wave, bro.
__

Water Under the Bridge Records

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019 14:53:15

Dialtones is a great band name!! I'm definitely curious to hear this as my early bands were quite similar. Mixing up Ramones and surf and even ska haha! We had no real focus. Is there a place I could sample this release?

Daniel Deathtide

remora1 wrote:

I wasn't going to post this but thought maybe there'd be some (slight) interest? A local label is releasing some archival recordings of my first band, The Dialtones. We were punks, we were surf, we were rockabilly, we were basically young knuckleheads having fun and making noise Big Grin . Only 3 songs could qualify as "surf", but it's a pretty good 80's capsule of "do anything you want" kookiness.

Water Under the Bridge Records continues on their historical voyage to document the musical stylings of San Pedro’s not so distant past with this collection of tunes from Pedro & P.V.’s go-to house party pioneers of the early ‘80s: The Dialtones.

The Dialtones used various ingredients (punk, surf, rockabilly) to help stir these parties into a juvenile frenzy. Dare to bring back the memories of your youth with these 12 tunes that may or may not be par for the course these days? You decide. Get back on the party wave, bro.
__

Water Under the Bridge Records Pre Sale click here

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

DeathTide wrote:

Dialtones is a great band name!! I'm definitely curious to hear this as my early bands were quite similar. Mixing up Ramones and surf and even ska haha! We had no real focus. Is there a place I could sample this release?

Arrrgh I was trying to edit the link and double posted Confused

Anyway, there's one sample song at the website. The rest are equally good/bad Big Grin

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Duuuuuh I totally missed the link: Hey that track is super fun and I must say I really like the heart evident in it. The playing is just sloppy enough. I totally ordered it, I’m excited to hear them all! It reminds me of my old band recordings except less sloppy and better sounding haha!

Daniel Deathtide

Thanks for the order D.T. - it was a fun time! We were clueless and mostly underage (our drummer got hired because he was the only one with a valid 21+ I.D.). We played house parties and school dances all over the area practically every weekend. We didn't care what style we were doing we just played what we liked - surprisingly the kids dug it!

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Got any pictures from your glory days Bill?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Will the cassette be sold at JDC Records in San Pedro?

There was a time when I bought every record that could
be surf or beach music.
Here is my one and only single of The Dialtones from 1984??
Surfin´ In Outer Space b/w The Cove.
Both written by group members.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019 04:22:00

DannySnyder wrote:

Got any pictures from your glory days Bill?

I don't have many but managed to dig up a few-

rehearsal-

recording-

Obligatory 80's line up against the wall promo shot-

house party-

some flyers-

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

summerfun wrote:

Will the cassette be sold at JDC Records in San Pedro?

Not sure about that- check with Craig at Water Under the Bridge, he's a very cool guy and this is his project.

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Very cool Bill. Love the Tele!

Rick

homerhead wrote:

Very cool Bill. Love the Tele!

Thanks Rick! I wanted a Tele from the start because of Joe Strummer. Yeah that '69 was my only guitar for many years.

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

tired wrote:

There was a time when I bought every record that could
be surf or beach music.
Here is my one and only single of The Dialtones from 1984??
Surfin´ In Outer Space b/w The Cove.
Both written by group members.

GASP! There's vinyl of this band?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

GASP! There's vinyl of this band?!!!!!!!!!!!!

We actually managed to put out 2 singles, "Surfin' in Outer Space" b/w "The Cove" and "Riptide Love" b/w "Sea of Love". All four songs are on the comp.

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

I am impressed! High school?! Got the cassette and download (thank goodness for that) and it is really super fun! The extra JPGs of the old flyers are also really awesome. There are definitely some surf sounds in there, and lots of teenage energy. The toms sound REALLY good, the rest of the drums have that cool 80s "boxy" sort of sound, reminds me of Adolescents or DI, but slightly lower-fi than those.

Cassette is slick! Fancy cardboard box and the cassette printing. Very nice. I mean, I hate cassettes because of all the noise, but there's a lot of great (weird) music on cassette.

Thanks a lot for posting

Daniel Deathtide

Glad you liked it DT! Our lead guitarist Pete was still a senior at the time, I was 18, bass player 19, and our drummer 21. The guy who put it together is Craig Ibarra, who also authored A Wailing of a Town which is a really cool historical account of the local scene back in the day.
It was fun crazy times for sure!

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Bring some to SG101 to sell.
I'll buy one.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

THIS IS PURE GOLD Yes

El Papu & los Fantasticos Reverberantes

This is awesome!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea