Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear Fet Reverb

Goto Page: Previous 1 2115 116 117 118 119135 136 Next

Wow! I did it and it worked and it's great!
Actually it didn't work the way I described it first. The compressor only works if I put it after the signal already has been in the spring pan. So between the spring pan's output and the surfy bear return input.

I haven't tried it with an amp, only through my Focusrite rig, but it really got super duper drippy and with no noise. It even distorts more, but in a pretty nice way.

In the beginning was reverb

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj--qQ5WXp7SWDWcJJOjoow?sub_confirmation=1

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 05:11:18

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

Actually it didn't work the way I described it first. The compressor only works if I put it after the signal already has been in the spring pan. So between the spring pan's output and the surfy bear return input.

So basically it's like Björn said.

I haven't tried it with an amp, only through my Focusrite rig, but it really got super duper drippy and with no noise. It even distorts more, but in a pretty nice way.

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

Kul att höra!
I suppose you got a very long decay?

It's finished! It even works Smile
Built into an seventies dutch breadbin that had the exact layout needed to house 5 chicken head knobs. All lettering is cheaply printed amateurish photoshop work.

very happy with it Smile

Cool!
Awesome guitar in the background too Smile

-

Last edited: Mar 08, 2022 12:54:13

Idea, how could I implement a clean boost circuit snd a compressor circuit into the surfy bear circuit.
Idea is input>compressor>boost>surfy bear>surfytrem>output

@PieterFX Too cool! Your's has to be one of my favorite Surfy Bear/Trem builds so far, excellent visual design.

bjoish wrote:

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

Kul att höra!
I suppose you got a very long decay?

Yes, pretty long. Not overwhelming, but yeah. I could hear every small sound coming from the springs. Though it did not work as well with my Deluxe Reverb because it produced some hiss, especially with other pedals engaged.

N0_Camping4U wrote:

I just saw this video on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJTb8BVsKY

Is there anyway to have this built? Anyone out there taking on builds?

Willing to pay 600 for it.

SHADOWNIGHT5150 wrote:

Idea, how could I implement a clean boost circuit snd a compressor circuit into the surfy bear circuit.

I put an AMZ MOSFET boost circuit into my build after the reverb and trem boards, but it's producing an unwanted noise and I haven't yet dived into trying to resolve it. But it is cool to have that boost capability built in with the rest of it.

edwardsand wrote:

SHADOWNIGHT5150 wrote:

I put an AMZ MOSFET boost circuit into my build after the reverb and trem boards, but it's producing an unwanted noise and I haven't yet dived into trying to resolve it. But it is cool to have that boost capability built in with the rest of it.

Ooh ok cool
Thats what i got and was gonna put it after the input to drive the tank a little

Hi i would like to show you my spring reverb project with surfy bear module.

Last year i was first time in livorno on surf festival when i met Bjorn who showed me his spring reverbs. I didnt know that something like this exist, a spring pan on fet transistors. I was playing on my friends fender tank with tube preamp.

This year i bought surfy bear kit.

Im gonna use it street playing, gonna power it by 12v battery from motorbike.

at first, I thought to mount in my roland but there was not enough space.

So i used an aluminum case and hung spring on springs as in the original reverb,

the housing was welded and has been powder coated, bottom is corrugated metal.

the project has not been 100% finished yet to connect the diode and switch.

It sounds great, much better than original fender tank to me. Im very happy, i would like to thanks Bjorn for help and greetings to everyone.

/Artur

Aloha, questions- does the prebuilt Surfybear reverb tanks (classic version and metal version) take overdrive, distortion, and fuzz well like a classic Fender tank? Or do they act funky?

Does anyone use Tavo's / Nocturne Atomic Brain with these and how does that perform? Thanks in advance.

Peace to you, not on you

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 17:07:36

What power supply do you all suggest
Im running the bear at 12v trem 9v and a boost 9v
How can i power all that together

-

Last edited: Mar 08, 2022 12:51:58

mlodygitarzysta wrote:

Hi i would like to show you my spring reverb project with surfy bear module.

Last year i was first time in livorno on surf festival when i met Bjorn who showed me his spring reverbs. I didnt know that something like this exist, a spring pan on fet transistors. I was playing on my friends fender tank with tube preamp.

Nice build Artur Smile
Any chance we will meet in Livorno this year?

@Bjorn

probably yes, we are planning a trip to livorno. At the occasion with my band we are going to play on street coz we are street musicians

/Artur

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 05:01:19

Gilette wrote:

SHADOWNIGHT5150 wrote:

What power supply do you all suggest
Im running the bear at 12v trem 9v and a boost 9v
How can i power all that together

The trem will take 12 volt without a problem but if you're running it as a factory pedal you have to make sure you have the right polarity at the power plug. Other pedals usually won't have a problem with a 12 volt supply. Most of them are built to handle 16 volts at least, and the more sensitive circuits have provisions to make sure the pedal doesn't get overloaded. Like the trem you need to power the boost with the right polarity.

However, I think it would be wise to invest in a commercial power supply that has multiple outputs for 9 and 12 volts. They're sturdy, quiet and protect your precious investment. And more outputs will give you room to expand your pedal collection in the future. Like this one:

Note: there have been pedals in the past that had the positive power connected to the chassis. These will short your power supply. Make sure the chassis or ground is connected to the negative wire of your power supply.

Ok then, that makes everything easier since i own a T Rex Chameleon that i have been looking to find a use for and it has switches to change the outputs from 9v to 12v

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 11:32:27

decided to get some knobs for my build
Tiki Knobs cause what says surf more than Tiki's

Goto Page: Previous 1 2115 116 117 118 119135 136 Next