Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 245 46 47 48 4955 56 Next

Welcome back,Dennis.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Welcome to sg101, HighRoller! Very glad you're here.

Hi I am new! I have played bass for 23 years and have finally picked up guitar. I love surf rock but couldn’t find a guitar player. So I am learning it myself! I sold some of my basses to aquire this rig. My guitar arrives tomorrow. Big Grin

Welcome home. Where in the world are you?

Happy Sunsets!

Florida!

Welcome to sg101, Sonic_Blue! Very glad you're here.

Hi Sonic, Nice view! And the scenery behind your blonde rig is pretty good, too. Big Grin

Welcome to all the new member at SG101.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Hey Sonic - do you have actual surfing where you are?

Gorgeous rig.

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

Hey Sonic - do you have actual surfing where you are?

Gorgeous rig.

Thanks! New Smyrna Beach and some spots along the East Coast are better known for surfing. I am on the Gulf where the only surfing happens during storms usually. I do a lot of paddle boarding! I have some fins I can attach to my board for surfing so I may have to give it a try.

Hello, my name is Tony, my home is sunny Arizona and I'm on the road working in VA. After a 27 year lapse, been playing guitar for seven years straight now, picked up the drum set as well. I want to learn Surf guitar as one of my rock styles. All of you have heard this perhaps a hundred times before; what sources do I have to get started on the genre? Is YouTube about it, any online courses, DVD's available?? I'm a full member of GuitarTricks.com but they have one limited tutorial on Surf Guitar and perhaps a handful of songs to learn. Appreciate any input, Thank you!!

Welcome Tony! There are a few threads on how to get started scattered around. Feel free to ask in the Surf Musician sub-forum!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Hey Brian, thanks for the welcome, appreciate you getting back! I'll check out the links you gave me and get back to you. Thank you!

Tony

Welcome Tony!Check this guy on Youtube.He is one of the best. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_LuRFHzU-ofioVSnd9KqJA

https://www.youtube.com/user/jamess1400

Hello, All. I'm a new member of SurfGuitar101. I played bass in a couple of LA bands in the eighties and early nineties--The Last, Trotsky Icepick--and after decades of inactivity, I recently started playing guitar again. I just posted a few tunes on all the usual sites, under the band name Petrified Max. Here's the link to Bandcamp (it's a free download) in case anyone out there has a few minutes to spare: https://petrifiedmax.bandcamp.com. You can also find me on Spotify, YouTube, etc.

howdy everyone. I recently picked up guitar again after several years hiatus. I just finished building a 6g2 princeton clone and will be finishing up my 6g15 reverb tank clone soon. only guitars I have left are a baritone tuned squier bass vi and a strat.

Currently on here to see what speaker suggestions for clean baritone twang anyone may have.

Hello,

I play guitar and I come from Italy. I've been interested in surf music for a long time but only now I'm starting to get more serious about recording some.

I play on an HSH guitar ( Yes ) with digital amp modeling and effects ( Yes ) on Linux ( Yes ). Smile

Basslint wrote:

Hello,

I play guitar and I come from Italy. I've been interested in surf music for a long time but only now I'm starting to get more serious about recording some.

I play on an HSH guitar ( Yes ) with digital amp modeling and effects ( Yes ) on Linux ( Yes ). Smile

Welcome to sg101! Glad you're here.

Basslint,
Welcome home, damn glad to meet you.

Where in Italy do you live?

Happy Sunsets!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

tahitijack wrote:

Where in Italy do you live?

On the East Coast, in Brindisi, Apulia Cool

Thanks, I've missed that part of Italy.

Happy Sunsets!

Goto Page: Previous 1 245 46 47 48 4955 56 Next