Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Breakthrough device improves your staccato picking technique in minutes!

Page 1 of 1

The new SurfCaster(TM) spinning reel from PENN makes instro Surf shredding accessible to guitarists of any skill level, thanks to it's patented E-Z-Pick design and flexible mounting system which is compatible with most standard Fender tremolo systems as well as popular aftermarket replacement bridges such as Mastery and Stay-Trem. It's also thoughtfully equipped with a TUSQ spinning handle for enhanced tuning stability and improved lure attachment. Perfect for those Pierside surf gigs & fishing tournaments, you'll be a-spinnin' and a-pickin' and a-grinnin' all day long with the PENN Surfcaster(TM)!

Caution: Use as directed. Locals Only. Not rated for speeds over 171BPM. Side effects may include unfretted notes, general hodad-ness and a predilection for the Lindy Hop.

Member in good standing, Mentone Beach Syncopation Reverberation Association

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 15:23:12

Smile

That is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Someone should totally put this on a guitar...

Daniel Deathtide

Stoopy wrote:

The new SurfCaster(TM) spinning reel from PENN makes instro Surf shredding accessible to guitarists of any skill level, thanks to it's patented E-Z-Pick design and flexible mounting system which is compatible with most standard Fender tremolo systems as well as popular aftermarket replacement bridges such as Mastery and Stay-Trem. It's also thoughtfully equipped with a TUSQ spinning handle for enhanced tuning stability and improved lure attachment. Perfect for those Pierside surf gigs & fishing tournaments, you'll be a-spinnin' and a-pickin' and a-grinnin' all day long with the PENN Surfcaster(TM)!

Caution: Use as directed. Locals Only. Not rated for speeds over 171BPM. Side effects may include unfretted notes, general hodad-ness and a predilection for the Lindy Hop.

I love it! RH tremolos have never been easy for me, I have to really concentrate to pull them off. If such a thing could be made for a real-world, six string guitar, I’d buy it.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Naw man it’s low E all day! I really love that you posted this!

This is a great idea for concept instruments like cymbals or other stringed instruments. Putting a little wooden knocker would work for crazy industrial noises on metal or sandpapet or whatever. You could get six people, each with one guitar string to play a single riff haha!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

...You could get six people, each with one guitar string to play a single riff haha!

I LIKE it! Although it would certainly require a tightly-knit group of players with unprecedented talent and coordination... why, it sounds like just the thing for the all-members jam portion of the upcoming SG101 convention!

Another gimmick to bandaid downright laziness.

Hey, don't know the operations of arithmetic? No problem. Get a calculator and stay stupid.

Too damn lazy to meet and court a future mate? Go to some online prostitution dating site.

Don't want to practice staccato picking? Get this dopey gizmo.
Dick Dale is probably turning in his grave.
All my opinion, of course
J Mo'

JohnnyMosrite wrote:

Hey, don't know the operations of arithmetic? No problem. Get a calculator and stay stupid.

Too damn lazy to meet and court a future mate? Go to some online prostitution dating site.

J Mo'

Don’t want to just laugh at a silly joke forum thread? Post petty judgemental snarky responses instead. Whatever

Josh,
One way to look at it
J Mo'

JohnnyMosrite wrote:

J Mo'

Awesome rant! I respectfully disagree - no amount of practice will get anyone to be that fast.

To your other points, I agree that it’s bad, but you can’t stop progress!

Daniel Deathtide

I'm a tad surprised anyone would have taken this post or the video and the homemade crude device seriously, but glad most found the humor in it, hopefully such jocularity is OK here.

In hindsight I'm kicking myself for not putting a smiley emoji at the end of the QVC-style sales blurb to hint it was a joke... as I'm also kicking myself for not making a campy reference to the Popeil Pocket Fisherman, which might have helped reveal the whimsical intentions.

Now, e-bows, on the other hand.... No Wink

Stoopy wrote:

I'm a tad surprised anyone would have taken this post or the video and the homemade crude device seriously, but glad most found the humor in it, hopefully such jocularity is OK here.

In hindsight I'm kicking myself for not putting a smiley emoji at the end of the QVC-style sales blurb to hint it was a joke... as I'm also kicking myself for not making a campy reference to the Popeil Pocket Fisherman, which might have helped reveal the whimsical intentions.

Now, e-bows, on the other hand.... No Wink

Sometimes you just can't dumb it down enough.

Da Vinci Flinglestein,
The quest for the Tone, the tone of the Quest

The Syndicate of Surf on YouTube

http://www.syndicateofsurf.com/

http://sharawaji.com/

http://surfrockradio.com/

All,
I've had my laugh too -mostly at those who took my post seriously.
It's OK to punk.. as long as you can also take being punk'd (I hope)
Excrements and giggles
J Mo'

Page 1 of 1