Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink This Fender Tre-Verb pedal thing seems cool...

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

May have that harmonic vibrato thang, but still not in stereo. Supposed to ship in March or something.

Daniel Deathtide

Paging Big Ryan to the courtesy phone.

Either this pedal is nothing special or that was a bad demo. The verbs were meh and the trem sound were ok. I'll wait for big Ryan to hear how it really sounds.

Yeah it’s getting hate on OSG also. I’m happy with my two trem pedals (and that Zeppelin Labs Quaverado seems pretty dang brownface harmonic vibey) but I’d love to find a tube stereo harmonic vibrato unit, without having to build it.

Daniel Deathtide

This looks like a Fender version of the Strymon Flint ...not the best demo , just quickly strumming some chords . a surf demo is in order . I wonder what it sells for .

They didn’t really exercise it to the limits, so it’s hard to say how it would do for a full-on Surf sound, but what I heard sounded pleasing and I suspect it’ll be a contender. The price is a little less than the Strymon Flint, That's a plus. The side mounted input and output jacks proscribe it from ever being on my board; there just isn’t room.

DSPs have changed the pedal business completely. I actually only have a handful of pedals which are not DSP based. I won’t argue that sound is 100% as good as a vintage tank, but some of these pedals sound damn good. It comes down to programming and to packaging. The programming probably involves spectrum analysis and they can compare their sound to the real thing. There’s really little advantage to compromising, because it doesn’t really cost all that much to get it right.

Packaging is another matter. The Ventris True Spring sounds good, but they are trying to cram too much function into too few knobs. Had they packaged it with a bespoke knob for every primary reverb and tremolo function, I’d have one on my board. IMO, Strymon seems to have come up with the best packaging. This Fender has great packaging, as well.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019 21:15:05

I really want this to be good. My hopes are not high because every video skips over the ‘63 spring setting very quickly. Are there any other demos out there?
I have the True Spring and really like it, but I desire having the simplicity of operation of a Flint, but with actual drippy reverb. I had a Ventris, and it just had too many things going on for me and I only used the outboard spring engine so I simplified with the True Spring. I also use that for tremolo and, while it sounds great, it’s pretty clunky.

Ain't nothin' don't taste better fried, and ain't nothin don't sound better with tremolo

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019 19:42:46

Apparently these are rare as hen's teeth in the wild, as of yet, so I'm not seeing much in the way of videos. This one had a bit to offer, but it's quite brief. I'm anxious to hear more of it, myself. The plate sounded promising, as well.

I don’t know if they’re actually out yet.

I've heard it in person. POS.

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

spskins wrote:

I've heard it in person. POS.

Interesting. Can you elaborate?

Chippertheripper wrote:

Shipping date is supposed to be March 15th, but usually advance pedals are out for people to demo and create some buzz by now. Based on the fact that every NAMM demo skips over the spring settings except for the briefest of notes, I’m assuming they hadn’t really finished those engines in time for NAMM. Even the Sweetwater demo focused on the plate setting. They didn’t even hook up the bass preamp at NAMM, so I’m sure that wasn’t ready either.

Ain't nothin' don't taste better fried, and ain't nothin don't sound better with tremolo

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019 21:38:23

tresmellow wrote:

Chippertheripper wrote:

Shipping date is supposed to be March 15th, but usually advance pedals are out for people to demo and create some buzz by now. Based on the fact that every NAMM demo skips over the spring settings except for the briefest of notes, I’m assuming they hadn’t really finished those engines in time for NAMM. Even the Sweetwater demo focused on the plate setting. They didn’t even hook up the bass preamp at NAMM, so I’m sure that wasn’t ready either.

Makes sense. Most pedals, these days, are merely packaged DSPs, so they can be revised quickly, once the perfect alchemy I’d achieved.

Sweetwater has them priced at 269.99. I'd just grab a Flint.

Surf_Skater wrote:

I’ve had the Flint twice and sold it twice because the spring reverb is too dark and cavernous and doesn’t drip—the tremolos are great. The appeal of the Tre-Verb would be if it has the ease of use and layout of the Flint, just as good tremolo, and has spring reverb like the Ventris/True Spring or Oceans 11.

tresmellow wrote:

Surf_Skater wrote:

I’ve had the Flint twice and sold it twice because the spring reverb is too dark and cavernous and doesn’t drip—the tremolos are great. The appeal of the Tre-Verb would be if it has the ease of use and layout of the Flint, just as good tremolo, and has spring reverb like the Ventris/True Spring or Oceans 11.

Here’s where we differ I guess. I still like the flint better than both source audios and the o11. Not necessarily for drip, but for the rest of the sound and feel that goes with spring reverb.

Chippertheripper wrote:

tresmellow wrote:

Surf_Skater wrote:

Here’s where we differ I guess. I still like the flint better than both source audios and the o11. Not necessarily for drip, but for the rest of the sound and feel that goes with spring reverb.

I’m hoping to finally play one this coming weekend. I’ve heard some promising demos, but the proof is in the playing.

As a “tanker,” I was mostly interested in the cool trem / vibrato...

I’m curious to see Synchro’s review!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

As a “tanker,” I was mostly interested in the cool trem / vibrato...

I’m curious to see Synchro’s review!

If I run into one in my travels, I will make a point to play one and report back. It’s not going to be the equal of a tank, but it may prove useful.

Any update on this pedal? Why has Ryan not done a demo yet?

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next