Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink JM66 accessories?

Page 1 of 1

Hello all,

I used to be very much into Jazzmasters and have been out of the loop for a LONG time (9 years or more?). My first was a MIJ CAR JM66 with blocks and binding non matching headstock, 2nd was an AVRI Jaguar in Surf Green, and 3rd was Fender's limited edition run of Thinskins; a Daphne Blue with matching headstock. I don't have any of them anymore but my gosh... the Daphne Blue was my favorite. Bought brand new and can still smell it after clicking the tabs open on the case. I had several Hot Rod Deluxe amps... last was the Limited Edition with a Jensen 12"? Lacquered Tweed cover.

I am thinking of getting back into playing and wanting another setup. I am currently looking at a JM66 in Seafoam Green with matching headstock. I used to remember there being a TON of websites for aftermarket or replacement parts whether Mexican, American, or Japanese market? Searches seem to yield depressing results.

I'd like to have a red tort 3-ply or off white Mint Green / Yellowed pickguard drilled for MIJ JM, new pickups and aged covers, vintage knobs, and tremolo bar.

Any help for what sites or companies you all prefer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Warmoth will custom cut basically any pickguard in any configuration you want, if you’re looking for something different.
Otherwise: reverb should have almost anything you’re looking for.

There are still plenty of places for parts out there. WD Music does pickguards and would have options for you: https://www.wdmusic.com/pickguards-fender-jazzmaster.html

Darren Riley (darrenriley.com) carries all the basic Fender parts, including JM pickups and aged pickup covers.

Thanks for the replies! I'm really thinking of picking the JM66 unless an immaculate AVRI '62 3-tone sunburst pops up. Price point the JM66 and some simple mods will be what I want. The AVRI's I've seen have been shit condition at premium pricing. At that point I'd rather Chicago Music Sherwood JM with matching headstock. lol. Surf / Seafoam JM66 and aged accessories with a Lacquered Tweed Blues JR. is what I'm after.

Page 1 of 1