Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Happy birthday, Paul Johnson!

Page 1 of 1

Happiest of birthdays to one of the main founders of surf music, Mr. Paul Johnson! Paul is now home, recovering from surgery, and apparently doing well! Here's hoping he gets an outpouring of love and appreciation today! I believe John Blair will be visiting him today with some birthday cards, and I'd like to contribute this: the first time I heard of Paul - and of surf music at all, actually - was in this in-depth November 1985 interview in the Guitar Player Magazine magazine done by the fantastic Dan Forte! I still remember being intrigued by this surf music thing that Paul was taking about - as well as recording rock instrumentals with Christian themes! It really brought home how flexible instrumentals are, that they can be about anything, simply requiring imagination to fully enjoy! I just read through this interview again, and I love it even more today than I did back then! I hope all of us that owe a huge debt of gratitude to Paul to will take 10-15 minutes and read the whole thing, you will love it! Paul, thank you again for everything! I hope you're feeling great and that you have a truly wonderful and blessed day!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Happy Birthday Paul and get well soon.

I know what its like to be in a hospital and how much it costs as well, it's no cake walk. I'm glad your back home now.

Thank you for answering my email to your site like ten years ago as well.

Hope all goes well it takes a while to heal up so take it easy.

Happy birthday, Paul! Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. Thanks for all the great music and inspiration.

Bob

Bob

Happy Birthday, Paul! Thank you for all of your contributions to music, and yes, especially surf music! I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

One of the greatest joys I've experienced was waking up on New Year's Day 2016, and checking a SG101 forum thread I had started with the topic "Why have The Challengers never made the NSSR Classic Top 101 List?", and seeing a reply by pjmoto. I immediately knew who had responded and it blew my mind. At that time you had only posted on SG101 a couple of times, so I was shocked to see your post, and what a wonderful and generous post it was, with your reflections on the Challengers and your experiences with them.

I hope you have a sense of how important you are to the SurfGuitar101 community. We wish you well, and look forward to any additional remembrances or reflects your ever wish to share with us.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Happy Birthday Paul! Hope to see you playing live very soon! You are the man!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Happiest birthday wishes from the snow-bound Canadian!

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Happy Birthday Paul! I wish you a quick and full recovery!! The article above was a great read - thank you for all you’ve done and you’re continued support of the surf community!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on bandcamp

Helping you celebrate another successful trip around the sun!
Happy, happy birthday and many more solar voyages to come....... —

Don't Fear the Reverb ! Grateful Surf ! SURFIN' Tiki Bandits !
I can be reached through the following or at don@donschott.com. :

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Page 1 of 1