Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Late 60s Bandmaster head & cab project

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Cool, hopefully we can get together in the coming months and rock out.

UPDATE:

drip edge/corners coming soon

Awesome!

Fuck yeah!

Repro vs OEM.
Looks great!

Taifighter wrote:

Awesome!

Fuck yeah!

Repro vs OEM.
Looks great!

What a coincidence. I just got some of these in the mail for a twin reverb with all four corners missing. Do you know how to attach them?

Guitarist for Black Valley Moon & Down By Law

Attaching the corners looks like a bit of involvement.
From the ad:These aluminum corners are a direct replacement and fit the original Fender drip edge perfectly as they wrap around the inside of the drip edge in the same manner as the originals.

They will also fit the reproduction Drip Edge offered here on eBay by another vendor in New Jersey,

NOTE: When using these corners, the drip edge should not be mitered, but instead should be cut square and held short of each corner of the baffle by about a quarter inch just like the originals were.

Original drip edge corners were used as templates when making these corners, and these look great. Clearly, simply mitering the drip edge does not give one the same look as the original Silverface Drip Edge baffle. Made from the same gauge (thickness) aluminum as the original corners. If you want your vintage Fender Silverface amp to look correct and retain it's value, or are building a replacement drip edge cabinet baffle, then these were made just for you.

Sold as a set of 4 only.

Back in the day, Fender just stapled them on over the drip edge itself, but I prefer to drill a 1/16" hole through the corner tabs and through the drip edge itself and attach them using a small flat head brad. Those brads are included in the package.

I think you can slip it over the drip edge and then drill a pilot hole for a small nail. But getting it on... to me, you would have to remove the drip edge and slide the corner pieces into place, then reattach edge & corners as a complete assembly. Or you could trim the lip on the corners so it sits on the surface of the drip edge instead of wrapping around the bottom.

That wrapping business wouldn't be a big deal on a straight piece, but in a 90 degree corner it might present a problem.

I'm going to work on this project next weekend, so I'll post updates as soon as I get moving on it

The weather here in Indiana caused lots of shutdowns today, so I was able to start the trim work on this project!

I'm happy with it, I'm glad it's not perfect, and I learned a few things that will help me tackle the speaker cabinet and make quick work of it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019 10:56:19

Very nicely done.

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Thanks!

The secret to a quick load in the ability to handle your rig with as few trips in and out as possible.

These wheels will roll over cracks nice & smooth, unlike other caster wheels that I've had on cabinets in the past, one handed even.

Last edited: Feb 04, 2019 09:56:45

Just a beautiful job. My '69 Bandmaster Reverb with the same original 2-by cabinet is the only thing I use for recording. Wonderful tone I cant find in other amps/cabinets.

Shoot the Pier on Bandcamp
Shoot the Pier on Reverb Nation
Shoot The Pier on Facebook
We are on Instagram under "@shootthepiersurfband"

My Country EP ... Florida Dirt Fire
https://floridadirtfire.bandcamp.com/album/florida-dirt-fire

My French Love Songs ... I really needed a change...
www.lonelyrose.bandcamp.com

Well done...you did a really nice job!
And the wheel are very cool. Is it mounted on skateboard trucks? I would think it might be tippy?

Right, mounted on trucks.

There's a slight flex to it, but I find it more stable than casters that are mounted inward that had a small contact patch with the floor.

If you bump into it, it's fine. It'll actually spring back toward you to a certain extent. My pedal board bag can get stuffed underneath or behind the wheels on an uneven or slick stage.

It's really stable, and it rolls so quiet & smooth... it's awesome.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2