Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Paul Johnson Benefit Concert

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

What he said! Agree Cheers

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

PJ watching Wronski

Jeff(bigtikidude)

One of the many special moments that happened at the Paul Johnson Benefit concert last Sunday (thanks to Julia Clark's dad for the photo). This is Elliot Easton embracing PJ. Very special.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 16:16:36

PJ certainly had a moment to reflect on his life as this event unfolded. I would be surprised if many tears weren't shed. The younger people may not understand what it's like to be PJ's age and have watched so many of your friends vanish for several reasons. To find out that people care and that you have touched many lives is absolutely priceless. Once again, kudos to all who were involved or there. Wow. Just wow. Smile

I was in Baja for the last week and I was thinking about PJ all the time ... if I was there it was because of him ... sharing surf music and fun with good friends ... glad to know the goal was achieved ... and super glad to see him standing listening to the music ... not all "legends" can do that!

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

There were only 100 posters printed for the Paul Johnson Benefit last weekend. I have a handful of them left and they are for sale at $5/each + p&h. They are printed on 80# uncoated poster stock, suitable for framing. If you'd like me to send one to you, please leave me a PM here with your address and I'll let you know the total cost.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Paul said that December 9 was probably the best night of his life!!

If you were there, I think you'll understand.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Fantastic!!!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

That is truly wonderful to hear! Thank you for everything you did to make this happen, John! I really wish I could have been there. I'm just happy that it was such a success and accomplished its goal. Here's hoping it also gave Paul a big boost with his recovery, just to feel the love coming from so many of us!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

(From Teisco Del Rey) Yes, Rebecca of Par Avion, there IS a Santa Claus, who looks remarkably like Teisco Del Rey, and he's spreading joy with ORDERING INFO FOR THE BIG PAUL JOHNSON TRIBUTE CD he co-produced with Dan Forte.
Here's how:
Send check for $20 (shipping included) to Dan Forte, 211 W. Columbia St., Weatherford, TX 76086. Make it out to "Dan Forte F.B.O. Paul Johnson."
Or PayPal $20 to teiscomerch@gmail.com.
ALL proceeds will go to assist a great guitarist and even greater person, Paul "Mr. Moto" Johnson.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Has anybody received this CD recently?

I sent PayPal funds to teiscomerch@gmail.com on January 10th, and a followup email on January 30, and I haven't heard a peep.

Hope everybody is ok…

EDIT
Received email -- all good.

Last edited: Feb 08, 2019 16:04:47

Now available , Vintage Guitar March issue with 2 page article on the
PJ benefit. $8.99 delivered.

It also has an article "BROWN SOUND" on the Fender Concert amp.

https://store.vintageguitar.com/

Use promo code HEART this weekend to save 15 %

So there's an entire article on "The Brown Sound" but it's only really about the brown Concert? And the deal is only on a subscription; you can't get it on the individual issue?

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 16:53:37

Just bumping the memory since this event was one year ago last night. As Paul noted afterwards, he felt that the benefit was the best night of his life. The event generated thousands of dollars that helped him immeasurably in the months following.

The last two years have been tough for PJ, but his health continues to improve. He hasn't seen the inside of a hospital now in several months and his leukemia is in remission!! He's already played a couple of informal gigs and is planning big things for the near and distant future. The man has serious goals now, a huge help in his recovery.

On behalf of all those who helped make the benefit last year a positive, problem-free, and memorable event, thank you -- all of you -- who supported PJ at the event and throughout his trials and recovery efforts.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

I hope Paul can play the Balboa Island event in early June.

Happy Sunsets!

I very much appreciate the update John, thank you! Here's to PJ!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thank you John.

I’m not sure on the progress of it,but Paul was asking me if I knew anybody
Local that could help him set up a YouTube channel.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3