Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Fender Reverb Unit (6G15) & Amp Vinyl Covers Grain Texture For Sale ($39.00 plus $5.00 shipping)

Page 1 of 1

Last week I posted for sale a couple reverb unit covers for sale and they were gone in a flash.

Unfortunately, after I sold them the cover for my reverb was left at a gig so I frantically went looking to get a replacement, which was originally made many years ago, I vaguely recall shortly before shipping off to Nam in 1967.

I did not like what I found for sale so, I put my law enforcement training to work and went looking for the person who made it and fortunately I located him. To my surprise he still had several rolls of the old material left, white, black and beige so I promptly ordered a replacement.

Since then I have received several phone calls from SG101 people wanting one, so, I sold the replacement and ordered another.

Here is a description of the cover for a Fender Reverb Unit 6G15: the cover is made of two ply vinyl, the outside is beige in color, the inside white fleece backing and framed on the outside with blue 1" cotton tubing.

I've had mine since around 1964-65, so the material is very durable. I bought it because of the grain like texture resembling the Tolex used by Fender in post 1962 Fender amps.

As reflected in the photo it has an opening on top, properly positioned to expose the handle. It looks great. Its custom fit and durability will protect against damage to the Tolex covering on the reverb, control knobs and grill cloth, while keeping out dust and rain and preventing sun fade.

This cover is made to custom fit brown-face/black-face Fender Tube Reverb Unit 6G15 (1962-65), re-issue silver-face models made from 1976-78, and the re-issues from 1994-present.

I posted a photo of my 6g15 (61) Fender Reverb Unit to show how this cover fits. The Fender Reverb Unit is not for sale and IS NOT included.

Amp covers can also be made via special order, so, let me know what you want made and I will get back with you. There are only a few rolls of of material left, some beige, a couple white, two black that was probably bought in the mid 60's, so once it is gone, no more covers. The material has not aged or deteriorated.

The upholster is now a sewing machine repairman and he was surprised to see me knocking on his door without a badge and gun on my side and after we talked he proffered me a offer I could not refuse: if I would help him get rid of the material then he would make me another cover for free, so that is the reason for this ad.

I think he is only making about $25 for his labor, so when considering the cost of materials, in my opinion it is a good deal. That said, I wanted an exact replacement for the one I lost to match my other covers so I would have gladly paid him whatever he reasonably wanted.

Check the ad I posted for the covers I sold; the purchasers gave rave reviews.

Last edited: Jan 08, 2019 13:33:35

Page 1 of 1