Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Paul Johnson Benefit Concert

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

That's very nice image there

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here's another of several paintings we are auctioning at The Paul Johnson Benefit this coming Sunday, 12/9. This one is a 12"x24" acrylic-on-canvass painting by Joe Severson (John Severson's brother) called "California Dreaming":

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

If original paintings by well-known artists aren't your thing, our silent auction at the Paul Johnson Benefit this Sunday will also feature THIS beauty: a 1964 NOS Fender Custom Shop Team Built Jaguar in Olympic White (w/mint green PG). We are extremely grateful to Fender for donating this one-of-a-kind Jaguar. And...it could be YOURS for the highest bid!!! Comes with a G&G case and all the case candy including the COA. Bring your checkbooks and credit cards!!!!! Remember that this event is to benefit Paul Johnson's living expenses while he recovers from a bone marrow transplant that will end his current battle with leukemia.

PLUS...this guitar just might get autographed by Paul, David Marks, Elliot Easton, and perhaps other celebrities who will "walk among us."

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Dec 04, 2018 19:29:12

You guys have done well! I hope the crowd is huge and generous. Never hurts to have friends. Smile

Here's a picture of me and PJ as a reminder about the spectacular Paul Johnson Benefit concert coming up this Sunday, December 9. This photo was taken at Dusty and Rikki Watson's wedding reception on March 21, 2009.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

“He could really use the help right now, he’s been a musician his whole life and to honor him and honor all musicians who find themselves in a that, we need them to be recognized and supported" -- Dusty Watson. From today's online edition of the OC Register (thanks to Nate Jackson for doing this):

https://ocweekly.com/benefit-show-lends-a-hand-to-surf-rock-legend-paul-mr-moto-johnson/

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Here are several more items that will be auctioned off at the Paul Johnson Benefit this Sunday, December 9th (all proceeds going to help Paul). Here are two autographed (!!!) John van Hamersveld reprints, and a beautiful, original John Severson photograph framed and also autographed (!!!).

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

John wrote:

Here's a picture of me and PJ as a reminder about the spectacular Paul Johnson Benefit concert coming up this Sunday, December 9. This photo was taken at Dusty and Rikki Watson's wedding reception on March 21, 2009.

Two gentlemen standing side by side.
What both of you have achieved and done for SURF MUSIC is just amazing!!
good luck for the concert and the health of Paul Johnson!!
Ruediger from Germany

Last edited: Dec 08, 2018 14:42:07

Corky Carrol wrote a nice piece about this in today's OC Register. John can you assist with a cut and paste?

Happy Sunsets!

Last edited: Dec 08, 2018 19:08:25

Sure...here tis:

http://ocregister.ca.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=02734ac1b&fbclid=IwAR0HqYHIAi-CmcNoepp6YLIltmUeuNiHUqsOCPQcFW8uYoZSwiyJc16o1oE

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

The Gaslamp is on the corner of
PCH and Loynes in Long Beach.
Big parking lot.

Last edited: Dec 09, 2018 00:04:34

I sure would like to be in that pic sitting in the front row. Smile I really hope this goes well for all involved. This is a statement of our community as well as compassion for a member. At the end of the day, I hope someone says "surf was up. What a ride". Smile

Best wishes for a great show for a great man.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

I'll be thinking about Paul and everyone who is lucky enough to attend today. A great thing is happening. Thank you.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I just noticed that Paul's GoFundMe page has shot up to almost $24,000 in the last 24 hours. The goal was $20K, so that has been exceeded. THANK YOU to everyone who donated to this cause (especially to Mel Spinella!!!). All of you have stepped up to the plate to help and, speaking for PJ (I'm sure he'll chime in here eventually), we are all extremely grateful. This, plus what we generate from the Benefit tonight, will surely be enough to keep Paul's living expenses in check while he undergoes a needed bone marrow transfusion and the resulting recovery period. THANKS to all!!!!

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

AMAZING NEWS!! I also noticed that on the GoFundMe page just a bit earlier. AND there will also be proceeds from the tribute CD getting its official release at the show today. The Madeira was truly happy to be able to contribute our version of Paul's "Lanky Bones" for that compilation - here we are performing it live. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL time at the show today, so wish I could be there!!!

GET WELL SOON, PAUL!!!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Great turnout tonight,
And PJ is here to witnes the love.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The Paul Johnson Benefit last night was a resounding success in several different ways. While the bottom line of total proceeds and donations hasn't been calculated yet, I honestly believe that he has enough capital now to allow him to live comfortably (with his daughter's in-house care) during his upcoming bone marrow transfusion and subsequent recovery period. I'm hoping now that PJ will be BACK on stage and playing for all of us again in due course. AND standing directly in front of stages everywhere watching bands perform.

Many, many thanks to everyone that helped make last night go so well. I'd list names, but I'm way too tired right now to remember everyone. There were a few highlights that will make this event memorable for a lot of folks. Dave F. video'd the extravaganza, so I would expect to see some future clips. On behalf of Paul, much heartfelt appreciation to the surf music community for all of the love and support.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 12:30:54

So cool to hear. Wish I could have been there.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Great job! to all who were involved or donated. Smile

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next