Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink The Doofus Formerly Known as Snorre...

Page 1 of 1

Just putting out this post to avoid any confusion for my SG101 friends - my request was approved to have my username changed from "Snorre" (which is my 12 year old basset hound's name) to "Surfysonic" (my Twitch/YouTube handle). Thanks again, Brian!

I'm currently a Twitch Affiliate (working my way towards Partner) where I stream pc gaming content and surf music on my Twitch and YouTube pages. Big Grin

The doofus formerly known as Snorre
Surfysonic on YouTube
World Famous Philistines: 2014 - 2015
K39: 2013 - 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv9JADQ4ukw

You stream surf music on Twitch? Is it just the same content you put on your YouTube channel? I've only watched Twitch a little bit but friends of mine are all over it. They watch games. They don't want to play games; just watch them. Go figure.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Currently, I have YouTube vids of my surf music (live and play-alongs with recordings) and my game play segments from Twitch streaming which is considered creative content. I am currently in the process of creating a Surfysonic theme song of sorts for the beginning and ending of my Twitch streaming of my pc game playing sessions. In time, hopefully, I'll gather enough supporters to monetize my efforts. More on that later.

You can play music live on Twitch as well but I haven't given that a go yet. I was thinking of maybe playing about an hour or so on the weekends but I don't really have a lot of original content created and I don't think doing play-alongs to other folks' music would work out for copyright concerns just as on YouTube.

Primarily on Twitch now, I'm all about pc gaming. The game I'm currently playing is Two Point Hospital. It's a fun, goofy game about hospital administration management. As I understand it, the developer "Two Point" are folks who were part of Bullfrog, who made the classic "Theme Hospital" years ago. You can find my recorded live sessions on my YouTube channel or catch me live Mondays thru Thursdays from noon - 3pm EST (US). I am also planning a second game session in evenings Mon - Thurs from 10:30pm - 1:30am EST (US). I haven't decided what game I'll be doing on that one just yet.

Video streaming gaming content is a neat, relatively new form of media entertainment. It's basically an online way of having folks hang out with while playing a game - somewhat like how when kids grew up playing playing console games with friends hanging out with the player. There's a wide variety of entertaining streamers.

I've been watching several Twitch/YouTube game players over the years and thought what a fun way to phase into semi-retirement and if I build up a large audience to subscribe to me on Twitch over time, I likely will make a living at it. A lot of folks have successfully transitioned out of their day jobs. The timing was right for me to make a go of this with my wife's blessing and support. Cool

Look me up as Surfysonic on Twitch and throw me a "Follow" (totally free) and Surfysonic on YouTube throw me a "Subscribe" (also totally free) and you can "like" or "dislike" my YouTube videos. Big Grin

In explanation as to how I would make a living out of this - as a Twitch Affiliate (and eventually, Partner), I have a "Subscribe" button for folks to provide support to my channel. Subscribing to my Twitch channel is absolutely optional and not a requirement for people to enjoy what I do.

I also have a Patreon account for folks to help support my efforts. I'll provide certain incentives for those patreon supporters. It's early days for me, so I don't really have anything interesting to set up just yet.

Surfysonic on YouTube

Check out my signature line. In my case, it’s just a joke, but in your case, it would be functional.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Updated! Thanks, synchro! Big Grin

Surfysonic on YouTube

Surfysonic wrote:

Updated! Thanks, synchro! Big Grin

Beautiful! Smile

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1