Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Frankie & The Pool Boys Hype Machine

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Guy, the Las Vegas shows are set for February 22 & 23 at The Golden Tiki. There will be a different opening band each night. I hope you can come!
Ferenc
wfoguy wrote:

Tell us about the Las Vegas date.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Finally got my copies of the amazing John blair anthology "Rumble at Waikiki". A two Cd set with 62 page booklet. Every second of CD space is filled with music. This is a deluxe, first class affair, and your collection is not complete without it. congrats again John!!!

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Thanks, Ferenc. I really appreciate the kind words AND asking me to play on "Cat Fight." That was a very enjoyable experience and I was honored to be a part of that F&TPB "Cap'n Coconuts" CD. This Bear Family "Anthology" package is available from their website, Amazon, my own website (www.johnblair.us), and probably a host of other e-retailers.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

In 2 weeks, the Pool Boys head to Portland (11/30) and Seattle (12/1). Hope to see you there! If you know anyone in those cities, please tell them about our shows.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 19:36:26

I think you mean 11/30

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

I think you mean 11/30

Yeah

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

As we get ready for a long drive up the Pacific Coast, the Pool Boys got together to rehearse on last Sunday. Jonathan and Abraham won't be making the trip, as their work gets busy during the holidays. Filling in is Pool Boy emeritus Tony Bald on drums, and Pollo Del Mar bassist Jeff Turner. PDM used to cover Zappa's "Peaches en Regalia", so we decided to add it to our set for these PNW shows.
One thing I hated about being in PDM is that the songs we did were really technically challenging, and I had to stare at my hands all the time. So, we made this video, and sure enough, I'm back to staring at my hands.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video, warts and all.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018 19:44:24

Love it, gosh I miss Pollo Del Mar.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Love it, gosh I miss Pollo Del Mar.

AGREE! Really great stuff.

Peaches is a great song,,,really do miss PDM

Surfer Joe + Frankie and the Pool boys at Art Boutiki in San Jose

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

And with lots of action in Daly City!

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Going to Las Vegas in February!

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Promo video for Las Vegas shows.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

NEW CD BY FRANKIE & THE POOL BOYS - "THE WET SEASON" OUT NOW ON DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
With the complete selling out of the Frankie and the Pool Boys catalogue, Double Crown Records presents an anthology of songs from their first three albums. Packed with 79+ minutes and 27 songs in total, it also features four new cuts. The track list was chosen largely based on how well the songs were received in a live setting, so the selection really was decided by fans of the band.

All of the Pool Boys’ three albums (the 2008 eponymous first album, 2013’s The Adventures of Cap’n Coconuts, and the Pipeline Magazine Album of the Year for 2018, Spin The Bottle) are well represented. Of course, “Ewa on the Beach” (voted the #3 Surf Revival song by listeners of North Sea Surf Radio) is included, as are the band’s most familiar songs, “The Wet Season,”“Skinny Dippin’,”“Teke Teke Teke” and “Tan Line Fever.”

John Blair (noted music historian and leader of Jon & the Nightriders) appears on “Cat Fight” and wrote the extensive liner notes. Ivan Pongracic (The Madeira and The Space Cossacks) appears on “Magyara.” Drummer Dusty Watson (Dick Dale, The Sonics, Slacktone) is featured on many tracks, and is credited as producer on those he didn’t play on. Oslo based artist Fred Lammers, who has designed three album covers for the band and more than 40 show posters, returns with a stunning package design. The previously unreleased songs include a live take of The Surf Coasters “Dreams,” which features Naotaka Seki, from that band, on drums. The bombastic “Game of Thrones” theme is recast in a spaghetti western style. The lead off track, “Moorea Mon Amour” was inspired by the passionate beauty of French Polynesia. “The Whammy” is an ancient Pollo Del Mar song, brought back to life at the insistence of Pool Boy drummer Jonathan Rodriguez.

John Blair writes: “Personally, I consider Frankie & The Pool Boys to be among the most creative surf instrumental bands on the planet today. And if their earlier records didn’t get the message across, this “best of” compilation should drive that point home.”

As the Pool Boys take this moment to look back at thirteen years of recording and touring, they also look forward to new music and touring. A new album is currently being rehearsed with plans for recording and release in early 2022.

Tracks: Moorea Mon Amour - Ewa On The Beach - Skinny Dippin' - Tan Line Fever - Amber Waves - The Wet Season - The Golden State - Magyara - Spin The Bottle - Dreams (Live) - Raise Hell - Tic Toc - The Raven - Prayer Wheel - The Whammy - Summer Cold - Cat Fight - A Man Called Dirt - Seafoam Angels - Organic Matters - Magic River - Finito Bandito - El Valenciano - Teke, Teke, Teke - Poser - Game Of Thrones - No Surf Today

Frankie & The Pool Boys - The Wet Season CD - DCCD89 - $12.75 (Order From Double Crown Records)

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: May 18, 2021 18:02:52

Listening to it right now. A great collection of great tunes (I have all 3 releases).

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Awesome, Ferenc! How many albums do you have coming out right now? Big Grin

I have always really like Frankie and the Poolboys, I’m looking forward to hearing the new one next year, too!

-Eric

New music!
https://thedesolatecoast.bandcamp.com/releases
Spotify

Also:
https://theverb.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/theverbseattle/

cirecc wrote:

New Pollo Del Mar is finished, but vinyl takes forever (6 months??) to press, so who knows. Is it worth it??
Just started rehearsing with the Pool boys with the aim of recording an album. We'll probably record in August
And I'm in a fuzz-pop band called The IFIC that has recording dates booked in September.
So, I'm tryin' to keep busy.
Also, we should be headed to Seattle in December, but I'm not sure which band.

I have always really like Frankie and the Poolboys, I’m looking forward to hearing the new one next year, too!

Thanks very much Eric! I, and we, appreciate it!

revhank wrote:

Listening to it right now. A great collection of great tunes (I have all 3 releases).
Thanks Rev, with much respect to you!

See next post for more info---

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: Jun 06, 2021 19:22:40

Frankie and the Pool Boys have a new digital single out, available from Hi-Tide Recordings. It's ultra-trad surf, heavily caffeinated, with the reverb dripping and strong brew.
The video was filmed on our December 2019 tour in Baja, Mexico.
Listen and buy on Bandcamp

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: Jun 06, 2021 19:23:57

PolloGuitar wrote:

cirecc wrote:

New Pollo Del Mar is finished, but vinyl takes forever (6 months??) to press, so who knows. Is it worth it??
Just started rehearsing with the Pool boys with the aim of recording an album. We'll probably record in August
And I'm in a fuzz-pop band called The IFIC that has recording dates booked in September.
So, I'm tryin' to keep busy.
Also, we should be headed to Seattle in December, but I'm not sure which band.

Thanks very much Eric! I, and we, appreciate it!

revhank wrote:

Thanks Rev, with much respect to you!

See next post for more info---

That’s great! I’m looking forward to hearing all of it!

Is vinyl worth it? It’s cool but The ‘Verb’s experience with it was definitely not encouraging. We were told there’s months originally and ended up waiting over a year.

December at the old Darrell’s (like before)? I’ve got a new surf project going (should have an album super soon, and Jake will likely be joining as well). If that’s where you’re playing, hopefully, we’ll get to share a bill again.

-Eric

New music!
https://thedesolatecoast.bandcamp.com/releases
Spotify

Also:
https://theverb.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/theverbseattle/

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next