Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 244 45 46 47 4855 56 Next

Hi SG101ers,

A few years ago I found Danny Snyder through this forum and actually took a handful of lessons. Now I’m almost ready to release some original surf tunes of my own.

I love that some of my favorite musicians actually share their knowledge of history, current happenings, and even how they use their gear to make this wonderful sound.

Cheers

https://ifmarshadwaves.bandcamp.com/releases

Aloha Jim and welcome to SG101, damn glad to meet you! Looking forward to your comments, opinions and recomendations as well.

Happy Sunsets!

Welcome to sg101, Jim! Very glad you're here.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Hi everyone - I've been a mild fan of surf music since I was a kid in the 70s, got to catch Phantom Surfers, Los Straightjackets, and a couple others in the 90s, but started to get a bit more serious (and digging back into history) in the 00s. I've had a guitar or two for 30 years but am still terrible, and am currently really trying to put more effort into it. I've lurked on this site on and off and hope to be contributing more.

Sierra Surf Camp looks like a lot of fun... I'm up in the top corner of the US (Port Townsend, WA) where the wooden boats are more popular than surfing and the waves are small and very very cold. Ah well, at least I am near some water... I could call my imaginary act "The Mudsharks" or "The Kelptones" or "The Varnished Spars".

Hi everyone. This looks like a good place to be for what I love the most. Glad I searched the forums before asking question about the bitmo spring reverb mod for the Epi valve jr. amp. I will continue searching the classifieds for a reverb tank.

"Here's to the man who drinks dark ale and goes to bed quite mellow. He lives as he ought to live and dies a jolly good fellow"

ALOHA 22SeaDo, damn glad to meet you! And welcome to the party!

Happy Sunsets!

Welcome to sg101, rfcii! Very glad you're here.

Welcome to sg101, 22SeaDo! Very glad you're here.

After a year on the forum with occasional comments which was prececed by months of lurking I am making my formal introduction! Last week I finished my Surfybear. Photos of which I will post as soon as I put some lettering on it. Anyway, hi everybody, I'm here. I live in South East Michigan where it's already snowy.

The Vicissitones
Diesel Marine
The Rasputones

Welcome to sg101, ElectricLimnology! Very glad you're here.

Hi,

I've been lurking this board for years to learn about gear and finally decided to join. I've done a lot of work with chainsaws so I picked the name Buzzy.

I constantly try to convince friends that we should start a surf band and they just don't get it. I'm stoked that this community exists.

Welcome to sg101, Buzzy! Very glad you're here.

Hi all,

Greetings from the Netherlands. I have taken up modding guitars about a year ago and have started taking lessons two months back to be able to actually play the result. I love all kinds of music but keep finding myself watching surf music on youtube. At the moment I am working on Apache (the Hank Marvin version) but I aim to tackle a surf song next. Wipeout? Pipeline? Mr.Moto? So many choices...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 15:58:46

Welcome to the site everyone!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Welcome to sg101, Rivulus! Very glad your here.

By no means am I new... I signed up back in 2012 and didn't do much- I got sidetracked with a million other (musical) things!

About me: 47, male, recently moved to Charleston SC... wife, kids, dog. I grew up in southern California... so surf music is in my DNA.
My guitar journey began at 15- since then I've performed and recorded every style of music under the stars. From surf, to punk to metal to R&B Gospel.
I own a pedal company, but I wont mention it- I don't want to come off as a spammer. I've made my living the last 15 years catering to metal guitarists... its time to cleanse my palate and reconnect with my surf guitar roots.

That's kinda me in a nutshell right now.

Dennis

PTPDennis wrote:

By no means am I new... I signed up back in 2012 and didn't do much- I got sidetracked with a million other (musical) things!

About me: 47, male, recently moved to Charleston SC... wife, kids, dog. I grew up in southern California... so surf music is in my DNA.
My guitar journey began at 15- since then I've performed and recorded every style of music under the stars. From surf, to punk to metal to R&B Gospel.
I own a pedal company, but I wont mention it- I don't want to come off as a spammer. I've made my living the last 15 years catering to metal guitarists... its time to cleanse my palate and reconnect with my surf guitar roots.

Dennis

I’d love hear your metal gospel R&B punk surf band! Heh. That’s very cool you make pedals!

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

PTPDennis wrote:

Dennis

I’d love hear your metal gospel R&B punk surf band! Heh. That’s very cool you make pedals!

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Welcome aboard from a fellow metalhead! Rock There actually a fair number of us on here!

Hi Everyone! Smile

New here, just joined recently. I've been surfing this forum for a little while and I really love how warm and comforting it is.

I've been playing guitar for several years. I only play electrical and never owned an acoustic. I'm overdue for getting one. Laughing I've played several different styles of music but have discovered surf guitar to fit my personality of playing perfectly. I've still got a lot to learn about this genre.

Cheers!

Goto Page: Previous 1 244 45 46 47 4855 56 Next