Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink DICK DALE RETURNS TO HIS ROOTS: RIVERSIDE, CA JANUARY 5TH

Page 1 of 1

Guitar Legend (formerly identified as King Of The Surf Guitar) returns within a mile of his old stomping grounds the Riverside Armory to perform at Alex Idzardi's three day Rhythm Collision Music Festival & Car Show held at the Marriott Hotel, 3500 Market Street in downtown Riverside, CA.

The show is almost sold out so get your tickets now by calling (714) 448-9325. We had 475 tickets to sell two weeks ago before Dick came on board. We are now down to 175 tickets and we just added Dick, so get your reservations in now.

There will be a dozen other bands performing various music tastes during the three day festival. If you like boogie woogie, then Boogie Woogie Queen Vicky Tafoya & Her Big Beat, boogie woogie piano great Neil Morrow will keep your feet moving on the dance floor.

If you prefer rockabilly, then 60's rockabilly bands Rockin' Rebels, the Sun Demons, the Rayford Bro's will be on hand playing tunes from the late fifties, around the birth of rock n roll.

If you like your music blue, then the Mighty Mojo Prophets as well as Abby Girl will give you a doze of their style of blues.

If you like R&B, then the Moonliners will be on hand playing traditional rhythm n blues.

If you like your R&B with a 40's big band sound but drenched with a 60's So Cal twist, then 60's recording artists Joey & His Showmen will be on hand playing tunes as they did on the river banks of the Arizona side of the Colorado River in 1962.

There will be dance contests, a vintage car show, record hops, grub, vendor and guitar giveaways.

BEST OF ALL TICKETS ARE ONLY $30.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

Last edited: Nov 01, 2018 22:27:47

Great foto (I hadn´t seen before)from 1964 I presume.
Hope the man will be in good shape to perform there
in January 2019
Ruediger

tired wrote:

Hope the man will be in good shape to perform there > in January 2019
Ruediger

I spent the weekend with Dick and albeit he has a plethora of major physical debilitating ailments, he still has some energy left in the can.

Because the show is from his old stomping grounds in Riverside where he started the surf music genre, I've been encouraging him to play the Del Tone material from that time (1961-1962) rather than Hightone era post 1992, but, as anyone who knows Dick, he will do what he wants to.

This is going to be a great show, akin to what a DD show was like in 62, so, get there if you can. A limited amount of tickets are available. Send me a message at CallBeechwood45789@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018 19:18:13

Have a wonderful time, everyone! Wish I were there.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Man my hometown is getting some surf action! I hope someone posts pictures. Looks like it's going to be a real hootenanny except with plenty of reverb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1gskj1VQR0

Dick Dale's first instrumental that was released when he was focusing on his rockabilly roots, long before his music gave birth to the surf instrumental genre in mid 1962.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018 18:28:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCLwf_XehVg

A sample of Joey & His Showmen.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018 18:36:14

But but but, he says he started playing surf in 55 now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I will be in attendance at the 12-8 show in Malibu. Anyone else??

"Here's to the man who drinks dark ale and goes to bed quite mellow. He lives as he ought to live and dies a jolly good fellow"

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site, but a long time Surf Music fan. As the organizer and promoter of The Rhythm Collision, I am very proud to have the King Of Surf Guitar perform with his band. Hope to see many of you at the event! Axle

22SeaDo wrote:

I will be in attendance at the 12-8 show in Malibu. Anyone else??

Where do you launch your Doo?

Do you ever launch south of Parker Dam?

My Showman did a concert at Sundance last weekend and Dick came by for support.

Back on top

Page 1 of 1