Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
114 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
1 day ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink IvanP plays Madeira and Space Cossacks songs

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Moderator's note
This thread was spun off from here.

Ivan,
More videos if anyone asks? Sure.

For your consideration:
From your Supernova album -
BLACK SAND
GUNMETAL EXPRESS
MIR RESCUE
Perhaps other forum members might concur on this request?

Whenever, if ever, Ivan
Thanks in advance for any consideration..
J Mo'

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 11:09:12

So, no interest in videos of any Madeira songs? Big Grin

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

madeira songs I would love to see videos of would have to be desert drums the argonaut prelude to launch here be dragons and my favorite el calpih Yes

I'm Jake G and I approve this message

Yes, yes interest. Are you kidding?
"The Saracen" please! Shock

The double stops and intervals are what kills me.

Last edited: Oct 05, 2018 03:14:19

IvanP wrote:

So, no interest in videos of any Madeira songs? Big Grin

Hell yes there is! You know the song I'm gonna ask for!!! SAHAR!! Big Grin

In all seriousness, this is a really amazing resource for... well, everyone!

Madeira material ….thinking out loud..
maybe Surf Fidelis or Dilmohammed

J Mo'

Thanks very much for the feedback and the suggestions, all! OK, give me a bit of time to get to some of these. I should be able to do one or two on Tuesday, and I'll try do some each week after that. I'll keep my choices a surprise. Big Grin

Ariel, I actually already shot a video of myself playing The Saracen at home. It's not super close up, but take a look and see if it helps. Let me know if you'd still like me to shoot a version closer up

I'm also attaching a few videos I have on YouTube of me playing some other songs by the Madeira, even though nobody asked for any of them. Smile But they're already there, so may as well.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 20:59:23

Great! I searched for it on your channel, but somehow missed it. There is a lot to work with here, thank you so much.

Last edited: Oct 07, 2018 10:47:49

IvanP wrote:

Thanks very much for the feedback and the suggestions, all! OK, give me a bit of time to get to some of these. I should be able to do one or two on Tuesday, and I'll try do some each week after that. I'll keep my choices a surprise. Big Grin

Ariel, I actually already shot a video of myself playing The Saracen at home. It's not super close up, but take a look and see if it helps. Let me know if you'd still like me to shoot a version closer up

I'm also attaching a few videos I have on YouTube of me playing some other songs by the Madeira, even though nobody asked for any of them. Smile But they're already there, so may as well.

Thank you Ivan Very Happy

My latest LP Unknown Creatures by Otitis Media Records is available now on all digital platforms and colored vinyl. Listen and buy here: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/sysmalakian/unknown-creatures
Lessons, tabs and tutorials send an email to sysmalakian@gmail.com

Here's "Mir Rescue" by the Space Cossacks, as it was requested by two people.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

JakeG wrote:

madeira songs I would love to see videos of would have to be desert drums the argonaut prelude to launch here be dragons and my favorite el calpih Yes

Here you go, Jake, just for you! Big Grin

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Ivan,
Thanks for the up close picking. From the S.C. videos on youtube for rhythm guitar and your video post here, I got Mir Rescue down.

If anyone else ever requested it or you happen to be so inclined, ROGUE WAVE from the Madeira is a cool tune.

I always liked learning the catalogue of your tunes - they're different and eyes raise (as in mostly no one has ever heard them) when I play them.
Thanks again
J Mo'

Thanks very much, John! I'll add Rogue Wave to the list.

I'll see if I can do another video or two this Thursday, but definitely by the week after. Stay tuned.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Thank you Ivan Very Happy

My latest LP Unknown Creatures by Otitis Media Records is available now on all digital platforms and colored vinyl. Listen and buy here: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/sysmalakian/unknown-creatures
Lessons, tabs and tutorials send an email to sysmalakian@gmail.com

"Here Be Dragons", wow what an epic song! Just throwing it out there... Wink

To admit, I can decipher most notes if I work on it (not the intro tho), truth is I just wanna see Ivan playing it up close. It's the nuances, man.
Clever shifting of melody between the 2 guitars, Patrick lays out some serious work here. Also, pretty dope production tricks on the studio track. Killer!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018 15:28:52

Hey all!

Sooo…. three months later, I'm finally back! Big Grin Sorry about that, but things got hectic with the end of the semester as well as the holidays. However, I felt pretty inspired today and recorded videos of me playing not one, not two, not even THREE, but SIX songs! Shock Go big or go home! Cool

The songs are:
"Tribal Fury" - The Madeira
"Surf Fidelis" - The Madeira
"Gunmetal Express" - The Space Cossacks
"The Saracen" - The Madeira
"Navajo Star" - The Space Cossacks
"Tsar Wars" - The Space Cossacks
(As before, all these videos 'Unlisted" on YouTube, meaning you can only find them by having the link to them.)

Equipment used:
My trusty '87 fiesta red Fender Strat w/ Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups
'14 Vox AC15C1 Limited Edition amp
SurfyBear reverb unit
Strymon El Capistan echo pedal
Xotic EP Booster pedal

Enjoy! I hope to add some more in the next few days, but we'll see... (Thanks to Brian for splitting off the previous comments into this new thread, too. I think it makes more sense to keep it all organized here.)

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

SG101!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Listening to them now, they sound great! Thumbs Up

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 16:05:53

As always...fantastic, and how lucky the guitar world is that you take the time to share your techniques and talents.
A lot to be learned from your generous posts!

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Thank you guys, especially Jeff for his extremely kind words!

Here's four more! The Space Cossacks' "Black Sand" for JohnnyMosrite, and three by the Madeira - "Sandstorm", "Desert Drums" (these two from YouTube requests), and for Jamie here's finally "Sahar" - that's a song we haven't played out in a very long time, and it's a BEAR! It's over four minutes long with a bunch of different parts, and it was a challenge to play it all the way through without screwing up! (It's not the cleanest in some parts of this recording, but it'll probably do. Wink ) I hope you like it, Jamie, you made me sweat with that one! Big Grin

BTW, I'm using my Shoreline Gold '62 RI Strat due to the fact that I bought it on THIS EXACT DAY 20 years ago! (I posted about this at length on my FB page.) The guitar currently has 10-48 strings, which aren't ideal for playing these four songs, it would have been easier on 12s, but I felt it necessary to play this beautiful baby which has played such a big role in musical life for the past 20 years. (In fact, it was the guitar I played on the original recordings of all three of these Madeira songs, though it was strung with 12s then.)

I'll try to do some more next week, I still have 4-5 requests on my list. Thanks again for your interest!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Goto Page: 1 2 Next