Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Speaking of big theme parks...

Page 1 of 1

I've been hitting up Universal Studios FL new water park, Volcano Bay. It's all mid-century, tiki themed. Even the hotel rooms. And they have surf stuff blasting over the PA, 24-7. It's amazing. Everything from typical Ventures/Dick Dale stuff, to the Shadows and much more obscure songs. Some even I have never heard. It's spectacular.

Guitarist for Black Valley Moon & Down By Law

A lot of theme parks play music by house bands, or 'traditional' covers played by a house band. Theme parks have to pay royalties for their piped music so most are playing music they own the rights to.

JakeDobner wrote:

A lot of theme parks play music by house bands, or 'traditional' covers played by a house band. Theme parks have to pay royalties for their piped music so most are playing music they own the rights to.

These are definitely re recorded versions.but they still sound excellent. The material selection is very impressive. Way beyond miserlou and wipeout. Although those get played as well.

Guitarist for Black Valley Moon & Down By Law

Just spent the day at Volcano Bay. There were original songs by original artists all day long. I want to say they play a Satan's Pilgrims song a few times a day. I can't find it on YouTube to confirm what song it was. I recognized a lot of stuff from my collection. It was a mind blowing day. Hands down the coolest theme park I've ever been to. On the chill side of the park is more Hawaiian stuff, originals, and the adventure action mix is on the big slide side.

Last edited: Sep 09, 2018 21:48:24

Satan's Pilgrims song Que Honda plays at least once a hour. I heard it a few songs after it was played once even. I scanned through my CDs this morning to confirm it was indeed the Pilgrims. I heard a lot of stuff that day and think there is a good collection of modern surf bands on this playlist.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018 18:42:41

MajorKong wrote:

Satan's Pilgrims song Que Honda plays at least once a hour. I heard it a few songs after it was played once even. I scanned through my CDs this morning to confirm it was indeed the Pilgrims. I heard a lot of stuff that day and think there is a good collection of modern surf bands on this playlist.

yep; we were at volcano bay over the weekend and it is a pretty impressive playlist on the back-side of the volcano, tune-wise...the atlantics (where else in orlando are you gonna hear the atlantics!), satans pilgrims and jon and the nightriders mixed in with d dale, ventures. outside of my house or car, I rarely hear these tunes; I was impressed!

Page 1 of 1