Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink 66 showman blond combo 'the abominable showman'

Page 1 of 1

Showing off my new rig ;)

Shes a 66 blackface showman that ive squeezed into a 12' combo
the speaker is an emi lil' texas neo

the amp is in really great original condition. the only replacement components are some silver mica caps and a tremolo cut switch mod

The sound from the vibrato channel with the trem cut and v1 removed is absolutely stunning. this speaker is now well broken in. I was a little nervous about the neo at first as it weighs next to nothing...but it sounds great! And it makes the weight of the combo manageable.

Big shout out to Live Sound in auckland for doing such a great job on the cab/grill

Looks great! Play us a sound clip when you get a chance. Cool

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Shell pink?

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 14:06:42

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Looks great! Play us a sound clip when you get a chance. Cool

Thanks
Im out of town right now (actually at an incredible surf spot...but for work reasons). Ill try and get some clips this weekend. Sounding sweet with a new compliment of silver mica caps and some fresh toobs.

Tailrocker wrote:

Shell pink?

Certainly is Smile
2000 'Yamono' AVRI JM

Looks cool, amp and guitar both!

How does the Lil' Texas handle surf music? Does it break up fairly early or does it stay clean later?

dannylectro wrote:

How does the Lil' Texas handle surf music? Does it break up fairly early or does it stay clean later?

Ive been totally blown away by the lil texas. It has 150watt power handling, and its a neo. Those are what drew me towards it for the showman. But i wasnt expeccting a whole lot from it overall. However ive found it great. good bass response, mellow mids and plenty of top. Im not detecting much speaker break up at all at any volumes I would run the amp at. AND thats with v1 removed, trem off switch both boosting preamp gain.
Great speaker

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 14:06:36

So i had a bit of a busy weekend with the showman

Had been playing it though a 2x10 cab and loved the sound so thought id make a 2x10 baffle and chuck in a pair of wgs g10c 75 watt speakers.
I only had oxblood to hand so i went that way.
It looks meaner, sounds meaner.
I have to say im really impressed with these speakers. They are relatively cheap speakers too.
The bass response is tight and high end is sparkly and hot
Amazingly, overall weight is only 20kg so not super back breaky.

Page 1 of 1