Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink Open message to Niels Jansen

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Niels:
I tried to send this to you as a PM but your inbox is full so I am posting it on the open forum. I am also sending it to the contact email on the webpage but I have never received a reply to anything I sent there before so I have no idea whether you ever check that email or not.

Have you seen this?
https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/22918/?page=7#p418995

None of the shows were listenable on the weekend and it has been off whenever I checked since.

There is no notice on SG101 forum or on the North Sea Surf website to tell us that you know about it. Is anything being done to remedy the problem?

Also, the timetables on the website show about twice as many DJ shows as you actually broadcast.

It almost seems as if you don't care what happens anymore.

Try him on fb

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Believe it or not there are a lot of us that don't do Facebook. Or Twitter.

Then he won't see your comment

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Station on the air now:

Niels Jansen said:
could you please let sidebob know that I hope to come with a statement about NSSR in the course of next month.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks

Sidecarbob, I suspect he does care an awful lot but now he has other priorities in his life right now. I can relate to this. I don't want to sound too harsh here but you sound pretty entitled to a service that is being provided to you free of charge from volunteer time. Maybe you could offer to help in some way.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I don't know how I can help but I would be willing if I can.

My feeling is that NSSR is starting to unravel and if it is going to continue Niels is the owner so he has to decide how that will happen.

Some of us ex DJs are sad about this situation lately also.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Some of us ex DJs are sad about this situation lately also.

Yes, let's hope Niels can get things back on track before too long. He had intended to revamp things for 2018 but obviously life's other demands took over.

Alan

As a relative newcomer to the site I don't know all the history of NSSR but definitely have been amazed at what a fantastic outlet it is to make surf music accessible and available in ways that never existed before. The selfless efforts of Niels and all the DJ's who put the shows together are very much appreciated.

That being said, this seems like a good time to simply ask, how can I or any of the other listeners help? In addition to donations which I am sure are always appreciated, does this come down to something more such as time and computing/connectivity resources being needed?

Member in good standing, Mentone Beach Syncopation Reverberation Association

Hi Stoopy,

I’m sure Niels would be very happy to hear from you. The best way to reach him and see how you can help is via Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/nielsjansen.nl

It is a labour of love for all of us, and sometimes other things prevent us from keeping up with nssr (my August shows have all been repeats for example). Thanks for looking for ways to help out.

Rev

Canadian Surf

^^ Will do & thanks. I do not have a FB account but my wife does...that might skew any demographics me may be keeping as to who's listening, but so'what. Smile

Member in good standing, Mentone Beach Syncopation Reverberation Association

I didn't mean to be a jerk but as someone who also doesn't have a succession plan and who's own time and interest in their pet project has waxed and waned, it doesn't seem very helpful to publicly shame Neils. That might cause someone else in his position to just thrown in the towel. Sure he could have been a bit more transparent about what's going on, but life happens sometimes.

We all recognize what a fantastic resource NSSR is and it would be a damn shame if it fell apart, but these things happen. Should the torch be passed? Should someone else step up? Should the community offer help? Maybe someone else out there wants to start their own streaming radio site? These are all questions that we should be asking now and not making Neils feel bad because I'm guessing he feels pretty bad as it is (speaking from experience here).

I’m no fan of NSSR for obvious reasons, but there are some good people involved. I can offer places for shows on www.surfrockradio.com and our sister station www.surfmusicradio.com

However the elitism that was apparent within NSSR must end.

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang
DripFeed.net - the Network for Surf Music Join Now
Surf Rock Radio - the World’s Number 1 Surf Music Station
Surf Music Radio - the World's Number 2 Surf Music Station
Monstromental - Pulp Horror Instro Surf Radio

As a volunteer tech director for a radio station, Brian's words are resonating so hard with me it almost hurts

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Mike75 wrote:

I’m no fan of NSSR for obvious reasons,

This is completely not obvious to me...?

but there are some good people involved. I can offer places for shows on www.surfrockradio.com and our sister station www.surfmusicradio.com

WTF?

Mike75 wrote:

I’m no fan of NSSR for obvious reasons, but there are some good people involved. I can offer places for shows on www.surfrockradio.com and our sister station www.surfmusicradio.com

Which elitism would that be?

Los Fantasticos

All my dealings with nssr and everyone involved, pre and becoming a DJ, have been excellent. It is too bad your experience wasn’t the same.

Rev

Canadian Surf

I'm a big fan of NSSR. I listen and donate whenever I can (and I should probably donate more.) I think a lot of us around the world would help if we knew what was needed.

I also appreciate that succession planning is hard and it's especially hard to "let go" of one's long-time labor of love.

Is there anyone who could reach out to Niels and affirm to him that there are people around here who REALLY CARE about him and NSSR and who REALLY want to help? This should not be all on his shoulders if he doesn't want it to be. I am convinced (based on absolutely no evidence) that there are more computer geeks per capita in the surf music community than anywhere else - we should pull together and enable Niels to do what he wants with NSSR - or without it.

Jonathan the Reverbivore

The Reverbivores

Please check out our latest album The Reverbivores Watch TV!

www.thereverbivores.com
Facebook
YouTube

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018 12:11:02

Goto Page: 1 2 Next