Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink Les Agamemnonz Diana b/w Lacrymos

Page 1 of 1

Les Agamemnonz were a huge hit at the SG101 Con. clearly, they are huge fans of the genre and have done their homework. They are great players and put out a terrific show that sets them apart. You should definitely own their CDs, and they have a new digital single released this past weekend. It's available from the Hi-Tide Bandcamp page.

Les Agamemnonz
Diana b/w Lacrymos
digital single on Hi-Tide Recordings
“Diana” has a very unusual structure, starting with a stately guitar line over an unstructured drum solo, slowly accelerating up to tempo. This is about as risky as anything I’ve ever heard within the confines of trad surf. As the band falls in, the guitar line permutates to become the main, and very catchy, melody. The song continues to stir and build as the production becomes fuller, augmented by acoustic guitar and keys. It’s quite a passionate and emotional experience. I guarantee you’ve never heard anything like this before, but will want to listen to it over and over. This is bold, innovative, but sounds like a lost gem from the early 60s.
The B-side, “Lacrymos” is a slow, forlorn stroll, with a familiar 50s structure. The raw guitar tones have an honesty of heartbreak. There are elements that hint at redemption, but I get the feeling that the author is looking back with regret, more than optimism. Another spacious production, with natural room and analog instrument sounds.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Aug 06, 2018 15:13:52

When these guys first took the stage I wasn't sure what was going to happen or what I was going to hear. They started playing and my first thought was wtf? By the time they were done I was first in line to buy their cd. It's the most unique surf music I've ever heard. If you ever have the opportunity to see them don't pass it up. Great band.

I love 'em !

although using theeeee traditional sounds, they create something unique by adding sophisticated rythms & arrangements. I cannot recommand enough their recordings (I think one is called "de a de z"). Still waiting to see them live... (unfortunately I was not attending the SJF, when they were there)...

Page 1 of 1