Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Blue Hawaiians

Page 1 of 1

Jeff, now I know why you went to see these guys back in the day. I didn't know much about them prior to this years convention, but all I can say is WOW! One of best shows I've ever seen. I'm a big fan now. What a good day Saturday was!

Last edited: Aug 07, 2018 10:39:44

Cool, thanks!
I found them kinda by accident,
But fell in love with them. Many people I turn on to them also feel the same way. I hope many got the live cds.
And saw that the Sway album will be re-released on vinyl with bonus tracks, and a history book about the band.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Not to highjack the thread, but related.... Gary told me that a new Vanduras album is in the can. They're finalizing details, and hope to have it out soon. Gotta go- I'm so dang excited that I just pissed myself! ;-(

Bob

RobbieReverb wrote:

Not to highjack the thread, but related.... Gary told me that a new Vanduras album is in the can. They're finalizing details, and hope to have it out soon. Gotta go- I'm so dang excited that I just pissed myself! ;-(

OMG Shocked

Can't wait to get that

Jeff(bigtikidude)

RobbieReverb wrote:

Dude!!!!!

This might be the best news of the year! Thanks for sharing, Bob!

Last edited: Aug 09, 2018 11:07:23

MadScientist wrote:

RobbieReverb wrote:

OMG Shocked

Shock Shock Shock

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

I'm a Blue fan also. The Vanduras news is fab!

The Blue Hawaiians are amazing, and quite likely my favorite band. So glad Jeff got them to do a convention.

I'm glad they finally played, yet disappointed so many left and missed them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Phenomenal performance! As good as it gets for me! I'm still walkin' around in a daze! Thank you for booking them Jeff!

Bob

For those not in the know, the Bkue Hawaiians were inspiration for Jim Bacchi to start Tikiyaki orchestra, one of the bands that Jonpaul plays in. I recommend you check out their cds too.

But back to Blue Hawaiians, the Out of print cd Sway is slated for LP reissue and with bonus tracks, and a book about the history of the band.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018 10:01:52

Page 1 of 1