Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Drip Switch is here! - $60

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

I've been messing with mine for a couple of days now and I have to say it's great. One of those Apple-like things...didn't realize I needed it, but now that I have it I'll use it all the time.

Just got mine today up here in the great white north - thanks Mel. Going to give it a spin with my Fender RI 63 Reverb unit over the weekend. So far me like, nice simple pedal design.

Last edited: Aug 03, 2018 15:43:04

We had a very successful day at Surfguitar101 convention, selling most of our stock of Drip Switches. Once people heard what this does, it clicked immediately as to how this can really be a valuable tool for the surf guitarist. I believe we have 10 units left, now at the regular cost of $60. Contact Mel Waldorf via this link to order yours before they're all gone.

http://alamedaguitars.com/#contact

Those of you who now have them, please post your own demos and experiences using this pedal.

Thanks for all your support out there!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

REVERB SCIENCE!!!!

Hubba hubba Bubba, I'm a Reverb luvva!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Got one a few days ago and, quite frankly, I think is one of the slickest surf guitar thingies I have ever bought! I tried it out at a band rehearsal for a few hours and it was great. I may have noticed a very slight treble roll-off as you work your way down the pot's range. I use a straight clone of a 6G15 circuit but with a tube rectifier (not that the particulars really matter.) YMMV. There lots of variables at work here and it is entirely possible that you won't experience this with your gear setup. Either way, it wasn't really bothersome at all.

I am gonna use this thing full-time. Five stars!

SSIV

Picked mine up Saturday at the convention and all I can say is this little item works great. The price of $50.00 made this the deal of the decade. Even at $60.00 you can't lose. I definitely recommend the Drip Switch if you own a Fender reissue tank.

Gang - the initial run of 50 is sold out, but I'll be making another batch to be available in 4-5 weeks. Contact me to order.

Congratulations, Mel! What a great pedal! I'm stoked to have gotten one.

Bob

Are they ready yet !??? Huh?? Are they ??!!! ;)

Robbin Henley (Men in Grey Suits HONOLULU)

https://www.facebook.com/Men-In-Grey-Suits-207897529235582/

www.meningreysuits.com

Not yet, Mel is tweaking the next batch a bit.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

As Danny mentioned, I've been back in the skunk works to improve the Drip Switch. The new version will have improved treble response, a slightly different taper on the mix control, and a 9V battery powered LED indicator.

I've finalized the design and have parts on order. I expect to start building new ones within a week or two.

In the meantime, anyone who has an original Drip Switch who wants to upgrade, please contact me and we can make discuss options to get your DS up to the new spec - if you're comfortable with a soldering iron, doing the treble/taper upgrade is simple. The LED update requires a drill press.

OK Gang, the new Drip Switch is here!

I've updated the circuit to increase treble response over full mix range, and now have an LED option, too. Personally, I'm really happy with these upgrades as I think it makes the pedal that much more usable.

The new Drip Switch with LED is $80.

I'll be phasing out the non-LED pedals, but I've still got parts to build some so they're still available for $60.

You can order by visiting Alameda Guitars

Or PM me.

This works with Gomez verb units right? I need to order one asap if so!

Yes, it'll work with the Gomez and any other clone of the 6G15, including the Fender reissues.

It also works with vintage Fender combo reverb amps from 1963-1980, and any exact replicas thereof. Note that the Drip Switch does NOT work with Fender's reissues of the combo reverb amps because the reverb on/off was moved to a different part of the circuit for some reason.

Hi Mel! Your inbox is full so I will ask these q's here:
The non-LED version has the circuit mod for treble increase correct?
Also will the LED version function without power source in situations where the LED is not needed?

www.meningreysuits.com

Robbin -

both versions of the Drip Switch have the treble response mod.

the LED version is functionally identical to the non-LED version with the exception of the LED, so if there's no battery inside, only the LED light itself is affected; the reverb control works just fine.

PS. thanks for the head's up, I emptied my mailbox!

Mel that's killer! Thanks for the info. I may want to order an LED version as well to have around. Congrats on one of the best ideas in awhile for those of us who love VERB !!

www.meningreysuits.com

how to made this? have anyone a schematic? can someone send me some tips?

I just got my pedal in, I have a Gomez reverb unit - where exactly do I plug it in? The inputs between the tubes are too small for a normal guitar cord. But the Texotica unit has the correct input between the tubes....

Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next