Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Pre and post shows around the SG101 convention

Page 1 of 1

If you are coming to So cal, try to squeeze in some other bar shows.
If you can't make it, maybe some of these are in your Area.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hope to see a bunch of you at the shows (whatever shows you choose to go to). We are super thrilled to be playing 4 shows!

Looks like I’ll be able to catch Surfer Joe in Phoenix too.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Went to the 3rd annual international surf classic in San Jose yesterday. I went in curious about Tremolo Beer Gut not being too familiar with them, and left thinking they're one of the best instro bands I've ever witnessed. Dark and moody, a little thing called dynamics, great stage presence, highly original and distinctive arrangements. I highly recommend everyone see these guys while they can.

Of course all the bands were good, but the rest were known quantities to me.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder wrote:

Went to the 3rd annual international surf classic in San Jose yesterday. I went in curious about Tremolo Beer Gut not being too familiar with them, and left thinking they're one of the best instro bands I've ever witnessed. Dark and moody, a little thing called dynamics, great stage presence, highly original and distinctive arrangements. I highly recommend everyone see these guys while they can.

High praise coming from you, Danny!

I am so beyond stoked to see them!!!

The wave is cresting, heading straight for SG101Con with tidal force. Great shows in Pacifica, Portland, Seattle, and last night in San Jose. this is a very exciting week to be a surf music fan! See you all next weekend in SoCal.
PS- the club owner at The Ritz in San Jose has already given the green light for next year's Int'l Surf Classic! Who will be there???

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018 12:21:33

Words don't adequately describe how awesome he International Surf Classic in San Jose was, last night. It was amazing from start to finish. I absolutely concur with everything Danny said about the Tremolo Beer Gut. One of my bucket list things to do, has been to get over to Europe to see the Tremolo Beer Gut. I still want to get over there to see them, and other European bands, but now I've seen them, and WOW!!! They've been one of my favorite bands, since I picked up "The Inebriated Sounds of..." CD in the early to mid 2000's. Masters of mystery, dynamics, and mayhem, these guys are the real deal! Phenomenal set! A+! Of course, it goes without saying that Surfer Joe played a fantastic set, which included killer new originals, impeccably played, with an absolutely slammin' rhythm section, and an Astronauts tribute wrap up their set; the Insect Surfers played a transcendent set with fire, and passion, and that same familiar slammin' rhythm section; Frankie & the Pool Boys (and girl) tore it up, as usual, with a lot of great new songs from "Spin the Bottle", along with older classics, and with terrific fill-in rhythm guitar, courtesy of Fritz Cat; FCoTD played a killer set of wonderful originals, with tremendous dynamics and fire, and with Stretch Riedle, the long strider, pushing on, back on the drum throne, after a medical scare a few months back. Besides the amazing performances, one thing in common among the five bands, was the sheer joy, and fun, coming off that stage. It was a decent-size, and very appreciative crowd. There were quite a few SG101'er there, many familiar faces, and quite a few unfamiliar faces. Thank you Ferenc, Adrian, Cousin Mary, KFJC, Big Tiki Dude, the tremendous bands, and everybody who showed-up. What a night! I can't wait till next year's classic!

Bob

Page 1 of 1