Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Drip Switch is here! - $60

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

This topic was automatically created to discuss the news story The Drip Switch is here! $50 introductory price. .

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Last edited: Aug 07, 2018 08:53:27

This thing works great!!!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

They will be selling these at SG101 con,
And donating one to the raffle also.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We just created a facebook page for it as well. If you're on FB, please share with all your reverb loving friends!

https://www.facebook.com/Reverbmaniac/

Danny Snyder

_

Awesome! I will be getting one (or two) at the convention.
Such a great idea.
Thanks,
Ran

The Scimitars

Thanks Ran, I’m sure you’ll find it very useful.

Danny Snyder

_

Fantastic! I'll buy one at the convention, too! Congrats, guys! Cool

The doofus formerly known as Snorre
Surfysonic on YouTube
World Famous Philistines: 2014 - 2015
K39: 2013 - 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv9JADQ4ukw

This is awesome! What a brilliant idea for a pedal! I've pre-ordered one for pick-up at the Convention. Geez.... I hope that a build of 50 units is going to be enough. Smile I can certainly see big demand for this unit within SG101, and beyond.

Bob

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018 20:16:02

Am I correct that this will only operate with a reverb that has an on-off pedal plug? As I understand this will work with a Fender combo amp also? Thank you.

Pre-ordered mine! Get'em while they're hot!
Ran

The Scimitars

wfoguy wrote:

Am I correct that this will only operate with a reverb that has an on-off pedal plug? As I understand this will work with a Fender combo amp also? Thank you.

Mel tells me that it will work with a combo amp too, should you find the need for it. We include a 1/4" to RCA adapter with every pedal which should fit most amps.

Danny Snyder

_

WFO, the Drip Switch replaces the on/off foot switch on Fender style reverbs, so yes, an on/off jack is required. If you want to use this with a Surfy Bear, for instance, you'd need to wire in an on/off jack between the reverb return hot and ground.

The pedal works with Fender black/silverface "-Reverb" combo amps with separate RCA jacks for the vibrato and reverb foot switches. It will work with the Fender reissue amps as well, but these have a stereo jack instead of the dual RCAs. On the stereo jack, I believe the vibrato is the tip and the reverb is the ring. You'd need 1/4" stereo to dual mono adapter to use the Drip Switch.

I'll have to wire my Surfy with a jack now in the event I want to cut down on the drip. Very rare but what a great feature!

The Kahuna Kings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kahuna-Kings/459752090818447

https://thekahunakings.bandcamp.com/releases

I used one of these at a gig yesterday, it was so much easier than turning a knob by hand, especially in the middle of a song. Very useful and convenient!

FritzCat wrote:

I used one of these at a gig yesterday, it was so much easier than turning a knob by hand, especially in the middle of a song. Very useful and convenient!

There you go! Tested by our very own Frankie and the Poolboys in the field Smile

Danny Snyder

_

Yes, it really works! This is a prototype model of the Drip Switch, in use with a clone of a Fender tank.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018 13:39:33

Terrific Teke Teke Teke Tempo!

I'm wondering how the pedal reacts with an original VS reissue 6g15 Reverb Unit because the reissue has a 1M resistor (R13) to ground at pin 2 of the 12AX7 and the original does not. That would put the Drip Switch in parallel with the 1M creating a voltage divider. Will, does, it change the sound of old or new unit when your "MIX" control is engaged?

Interesting question. I don't have a reissue 6G15 to test with, but looking at the reissue schematic, R13 shouldn't make a difference, since the value of the resistor is much greater than the value of the Drip Switch pot (and also the resistance at the reverb pan output). As it is stock, the footswitch creates a 0 ohm parallel path to ground to R13 when it's engaged, and the Drip Switch is just allowing that resistance to vary on that path.

I haven't noticed a substantial difference in tone between engaging the Drip Switch vs. turning down the mix. The DS mix and the chassis mix are in different parts of the circuit, so I'm sure there's a difference, but it's pretty subtle. The reverb tone dulls out when the DS mix is low, but this is the same behavior whether using the chassis mix control, and at similar points in the sweep of the control.

I'll be set up to demo the Drip Switch at the convention this Saturday, so if someone has a reissue tank they'd like to bring, we can definitely test it out.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018 17:45:59

I think you're right that it shouldn't make much difference with the 1M resistor because the transducer's resistance to ground is low and two resistive loads in parallel will be lower than the lowest value so any additional added resistance in parallel from the DS shouldn't change that much.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018 20:49:43

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next