Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink No longer FS in UK: Squier VM Mustang (Fiesta Red) with with Allparts JGRO neck and Fender Bridge

Page 1 of 1

Hello - I've been in the UK (London area) for a year, and I got a Squier Vintage Modified Mustang to play while over here (while my other guitars stayed at home in the US). Now I'm heading back to the US and I'd rather not deal with the expense of shipping this guitar home. I bought the loaded body and added an Allparts JGRO neck I brought with me - I finished the neck, filed the frets, and added tuners (either Gotoh or Fender vintage Kluson style split-post).

I've had the body on sale on ebay, but time is running out before we need to move out - at that point I'd have to pack it up and ship it home. I've already got plenty of other Fender offset guitars (and other plans for more guitars) and don't really need this one and the expense of shipping. I've offered it as just the body on ebay because I was planning to take the neck home and figured I would not get much return on all the labor I invested in finishing up the neck. But if any UK members are interested, I would be willing to part with that as a whole package, say for £200 total. Since the body is currently on ebay, I would want to do the transaction in whatever is the most ethical or legitimate manner (maybe revise the listing and make it Buy It Now?).

I figure people here would be more interested in the neck because it is vintage spec - 7.25" radius, vintage size frets, as opposed to the 9.5" radius with medium jumbo frets that these are sold with.

The guitar is in great shape, everything works as it should. I added a Fender Mustang bridge to go with the neck, and that would be included along with the original Squier bridge.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018 13:14:29

I checked the tuners and they are Gotohs. I can post more (and better) pics if anyone's interested.

I've only got a few more days before I have to start shipping things back to the US. So if it's not sold by Monday, I'll end up keeping it, which is fine with me as I like it a lot - I just already have several offsets and this one doesn't add anything new in terms of sounds. I'll probably keep this Mustang and sell my Squier Cyclone when I get home.

It's past the point that I can sell this, so I'll bite the bullet and ship it home to the US. Not that I mind - I like this guitar and will probably subject it to some mods soon. I will also probably be selling my CAR Squier Cyclone to make room on the wall for this Mustang.

Page 1 of 1