Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Health Update about Paul Johnson, please keep him in your thoughts.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

So sorry to hear this. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

"We're lousy, we can't play. If you wait until you can play, you'll be too old to get up there. We stink, really. But it's great," Johnny Ramone .

Very sad news. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Thoughts and prayers for Paul. Get well soon.

Can I have everything louder than everything else!

https://thesurfaces1.bandcamp.com/releases

Positive thoughts, healing prayers, and good vibes being sent his way.

CUTBACK

All my best wishes and healing vibes for you Paul. You have a lot of friends and fans out here and we are all pulling for you.

I finally got to meet PJ at last year's convention. Wonderful, down-to-earth guy. He even looked over a transcription I did of one of his songs. I wish him a speedy healing and only good things thereafter.

I've got great memories of Paul from every convention I've been to. Here's to a speedy recovery.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

So sorry to hear this. If anyone will be in contact with this fine fellow, please give him all our warmest regards.

SSIV

Richard wrote:

I've got great memories of Paul from every convention I've been to. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Absolutely. Seeing PJ walk around and beam with pride and give bands the thumbs up almost brings tears to my eyes. He helped start all this! Not to mention getting the chance to see him perform at every convention has been one of the highlights every year!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Just double pick the high E Paul, that should kill off any problem. Get well, we are all behind you on this.

Yesterday, I went to visit Paul in the hospital, along with Matt Quilter and Marty Tippens. Paul's daughter was there to greet us, and fill us in on how he's been doing with his various treatments. We had arrived just in time to watch him "enjoy" his hospital dinner. He was in good spirits and very appreciative when we told him how many people are pulling for him, with prayers, well wishes and good vibes.

It makes a difference to one's recovery, when you know that there are so many people out there in the world, with your well being in their thoughts.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery for PJ!

• Surfbeatnik

Appreciate the update!

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Thank you. Smile

Thank you Duff!

surfbeatnik wrote:

Yesterday, I went to visit Paul in the hospital, along with Matt Quilter and Marty Tippens. Paul's daughter was there to greet us, and fill us in on how he's been doing with his various treatments. We had arrived just in time to watch him "enjoy" his hospital dinner. He was in good spirits and very appreciative when we told him how many people are pulling for him, with prayers, well wishes and good vibes.

Truly happy to hear that he's in good spirits! I deeply hope he's doing alright and that the treatments are going well.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery for PJ!

Here, here! Paul, you are truly THEE gentleman of surf, and the surf music revival has not had a bigger supporter than you - and, similarly, the first wave of surf music has not had a better first-person historian than you! Your contributions to this beloved genre of ours are too great to be listed here, but please know that they are GREATLY appreciated by MANY of us! You've been an inspiration, and I personally am extremely grateful for everything you've done. I'll second everything Brian wrote just above, too - seeing you walk in front of stage as a sign of approval of a band has been another wonderful thing. And just seeing you at all the conventions has always been one of the highlights for me, as well! You've been in my thoughts ever since I heard this news, and I'm sending as much positive vibes and energy your way as I can! Be strong and fight hard and see you again soon!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Hang in there Paul,
We are all pulling for you!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This just in from Paul Johnson (he dictated this to me during a hospital visit today):

Words can't convey the depth of my appreciation for your support during this trial. Please be assured i'm doing as well as can be expected under these circumstances. Knowing that the heart of the surf music community is with me is a big part of the process. Looking forward to play for you again ASAP.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018 17:00:19

Sigh ......just No

John, a couple people from Nor Cal were asking if they could visit Paul when they come down for SG101.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thank you for the update John!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next