Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink San Antonio Musicians??

Page 1 of 1

Its been a couple years since I initially posted, but didn't have any luck then. I thought I would ask again now. Are there any musicians here, who live in the San Antonio TX area, that would be interested in playing surf music? I've been trying to find other musicians interested in surf for years, but I just have no luck in this area. If you do, or know of someone who does, please drop me a line. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Its been another couple of years, and still no luck in finding anyone in the San Antonio/Austin area that's interested in playing surf music. I figured maybe some new members might have joined since the last time I posted, so if you or someone you know is interested in surf music in the San Antonio/Austin area, please send me a message. Thanks!

You don't mention what instrument you play and/or need?

(I'm in North Texas and we have been through 5 drummers).

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

TheFintastics wrote:

I play guitar, but since I'm looking for everything else (2nd rhythm/lead guitar, bass, drums, ect.) I didn't think to mention it. I've been playing for over 20 years, and the bands I've been in or helped form, just have not lasted. I've been following your band on Facebook for a while, and I've seen that you guys have been performing as a duo. I guess drummers can be hard to keep too! Its also hard to find musicians that want to play anything other than Wipe Out and Walk Don't Run. I've had several replies through Craigslist ads, and they either only want to play "the greatest hits" and leave it at that, or are only looking for a way to make money.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020 09:48:51

surf_agent wrote:

TheFintastics wrote:

I play guitar, but since I'm looking for everything else (2nd rhythm/lead guitar, bass, drums, ect.) I didn't think to mention it. I've been playing for over 20 years, and the bands I've been in or helped form, just have not lasted. I've been following your band on Facebook for a while, and I've seen that you guys have been performing as a duo. I guess drummers can be hard to keep too! Its also hard to find musicians that want to play anything other than Wipe Out and Walk Don't Run. I've had several replies through Craigslist ads, and they either only want to play "the greatest hits" and leave it at that, or are only looking for a way to make money.

I hear you. We haven't had a gig since January of this year. We had two but both were canceled. We all know how great the money is in surf music, especially this part of the USA hahaha. Some drummers have asked us "how often do you guys get gigs and how much do they pay"? Argh

I'd love to find a true surf drummer, but it's virtually impossible in our neck of the woods.

Good luck in your search - you never know who may pop up.

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Page 1 of 1