Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink RIP Brian Clark

Page 1 of 1

Its saddens me to have to report the sudden and unexpected passing of a great surf guitar player, and dear friend of mine, Brian Clark. For those of you in the Huntington Beach area, you may be familiar with the surf band "The Breakers". Brian and his wife, Julia, were the core members of the group, a traditional style surf band. They played the Surfin' Sundays at the Huntington Beach pier several times as well as several of the local festivals. Brian was a fantastic guitar player, very easy going guy, and a great friend. He was a huge influence to me on my own guitar playing and I'm sure to other musicians as well. He will be greatly missed. Julia will be having a memorial service for him on Sunday, July 1st, at Irvine Regional Park, in Orange, California. If you knew him, and wish to pay respect to an amazing musician and great friend, please stop by. Thanks,

Condolences. RIP

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 11:21:15

Brian was a very nice guy, not a bad bone in his body.
He recently did some work on my bass amp that we use for the SG101 con.
And he didn't want any money for the work.
I want to Thank Brian and the band for all the shows I saw them play,
And especially the ones where they donated their time to playing for the Surfing Museum. I especially enjoyed the little bits of history he would
Say before each song.
Here they are at their last HB pier show a few years back. Brian on the right.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 11:43:07

Thanks for posting Jeff!

So very, very saddened by this news.

Brian was a great guitar player, surf musician/historian and most importantly, a good person. I was fortunate to have shared the stage with him a few times and it was always a pleasure.

My heart goes out to Julia, his family, close friends and all those that knew him.

Rest In Peace

• Surfbeatnik

RIP Brian Cry

My sympathies to all the family and friends.

Thanks for your kind words. Brian played a lot of styles but surf music was what drew him to guitar in the first place. He had a way of helping people find the talent within themselves to become better musicians and he did it with seemingly no effort. Just by being your friend and hanging out, patiently answering questions, jamming.

The gathering will be on Sunday, July 1, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Irvine Regional Park (Group Area #3). Sandwiches and Seven-Layer-Dip from Togo's (Brian's favorite) will be provided. Bring something to share if you like: drinks, sides, desserts, anything. If possible, I hope our musician friends can make it and also fans of the Surfing Sunday concerts that The Breakers played over the years.

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Thanks for posting Ben. Sorry for your loss of friend and band mate.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1