Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink J&TNs "Live at the World Famous Whisky A Go-Go" on CD after 37 years!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Here's a big tease for the forthcoming announcement that I've been alluding to for awhile now. Test pressings arrived today for BOTH the 12-inch vinyl and CD pressings of the most anticipated J&TNs' reissue from the 1980s. If you look close, you can see what this is. I'll provide more details about this as we approach the official CD release in a couple of weeks. If you're coming to the SG101 Convention in August, you should bring bags big enough for CDs AND vinyl LPs. Exciting days ahead.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Jun 08, 2018 12:24:39

This is at the top of my wish list for SG101! Congratulations on the reissue.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

John wrote:

Here's a big tease for the forthcoming announcement that I've been alluding to for awhile now. Test pressings arrived today for BOTH the 12-inch vinyl and CD pressings of the most anticipated J&TNs' reissue from the 1980s. If you look close, you can see what this is.

Looking forward to this...how it sounds...and how it looks! Laughing

• Surfbeatnik

YES!!!! YES!!!!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Great news! Have the original LP in my collection. Hope for some extra tracks as the original LP is quite short with 25 minutes total playing time.

Instromania on Bandcamp

YES!!! FINALLY!!!
I have two vinyl copies, but surely will get the CD now.

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Album release event? Rumble at....
Also have the original issue.

YES !!! Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

It's been a long time coming. The original LP was released 37 years ago (almost to the day). For the first time, this LP now exists on CD WITH bonus tracks!! Furthermore, on July 20th, this will also be available as a 12-inch VINYL record, also with bonus tracks and a download code inside the jacket for all of the digital files. Ordering information forthcoming....save your bucks and pray for surf.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Shock AWESOME NEWS Shock

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Excellent!!!

I have the original record (played it last weekend on Fiberglass Jungle, in fact!) but I’ll be getting the new reissue as well. Bonus tracks and digital downloads for the win!!

Hell yes!!!

I'm so excited, I just pissed my pants! Embarrassed

Bob

Sodding marvelous!

The new CD is only available from my website (and eBay) at the present time. Copies will be available at the upcoming SG101 Convention (as will, hopefully, the VINYL release!!). For the time being, though, the CD can be ordered here: www.johnblair.us

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Just wanna say I received mine and it is AWESOME. Really took me all the way back to the sheer raw excitement of hearing you guys live back in the day. Really tore the nails right up out of the stage floor, quite something to see. Plus, no clicks and pops from playing the album over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Also totally diggin' the live version of Outer Limits. Which I habitually think of as "Out Of Limits" as done by the Marketts. Guess I'll have to pick up the second edition of The History of Surf Music to understand what's up with the naming difference? I also wore out the pages of my First Edition back then. Laughing

At any rate - a big Thank You to you and the whole band!!!

Member in good standing, Mentone Beach Syncopation Reverberation Association

I've listened through track 12(still have to do Bonus Tracks), great playing, CD production, graphics.
Wronski and Watson added a lot to these tracks.
Plan to get a couple more, would be nice if John could somehow sign them if requested at time of order.
Recommend picking this one up, particularly if you like 1st gen. surf.

http://tunefan.com
http://www.youtube.com/tunefan

If someone requests a signed copy at the time of order (there is a comments section to note this when you get to the PayPal page), I'm happy to oblige.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

I'm sure if you buy from John at the SG101 con, he will be glad to sign it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: 1 2 Next