Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Sound of Surf documentary

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

tdsurf wrote:

Thank you everyone for the positivity and encouragement.

Joelman, I've basically split the materials into two versions. There is what I call the "commercial film" which is designed for broadcast and general audience. It does not include performance materials such as seen on Youtube. The plan is for a "fan base" or extended version that has the performances and MUCH of the extra material that was filmed. Probably on a separate DVD. We've even discussed making it a limited release, a kind of "collectors" edition with all the extra material, to be part of the fund raising effort. I think the limited release would be around 3K copies total. Would love any thoughts folks might have about this idea. thanks, Tom

Count me in! All I need to know is where and how to contribute.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

tdsurf wrote:

Joelman wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFnyaCPyJSk

[B] Great clip, but who were those guys? :)[/B]

Maybe this group will seem familiar to you.

LOVE the Eliminators, they've been too quiet the last couple of years.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember some filming going on during or after one of the conventions a some years back.
Is it public knowledge as to what has been holding up the movie all these years?

tdsurf wrote:

The plan is for a "fan base" or extended version that has the performances and MUCH of the extra material that was filmed. Probably on a separate DVD. We've even discussed making it a limited release, a kind of "collectors" edition with all the extra material, to be part of the fund raising effort. I think the limited release would be around 3K copies total. Would love any thoughts folks might have about this idea. thanks, Tom

This is a fantastic idea. Count me in when it happens!

Four String Fender for The Delstroyers & The Woodhavens

I'm Jake G and I approve this message

Last edited: Jun 02, 2019 17:40:09

You should really get over to Surfer Joe and experience the sound of surf music there. If you want to see how universal it is and how varied the bands can be, that's the place.

Personally I'm not a fan of 'extra material' you often find on DVD's. I prefer the product finished, and that's it. Like a surf song. I don't want hear people tuning up, or versions that didn't quite make it - to me it devalues the final product.

I've been looking forward to seeing it as well. Good luck with it!

http://thewaterboarders.bandcamp.com/

I guess I am weird because I love seeing the extra footage that didn't make it into a film. Also, I like hearing outtakes and alternate versions of songs as well. A good example of this is Elvis, he has some really funny stuff on some of his outtakes. Laughing

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Last edited: May 09, 2018 11:24:23

SixStringSurfer wrote:

I guess I am weird because I love seeing the extra footage that didn't make it into a film. Also, I like hearing outtakes and alternate versions of songs as well. A good example of this is Elvis, he has some really funny stuff on some of his outtakes. Laughing

I'm with you on this one.If you don't like it, you don't have to watch the extras. I appreciate the background info, etc. Sometimes there are a lot of insights available on the extra materials.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

da-ron wrote:

You should really get over to Surfer Joe and experience the sound of surf music there. If you want to see how universal it is and how varied the bands can be, that's the place.

Personally I'm not a fan of 'extra material' you often find on DVD's. I prefer the product finished, and that's it. Like a surf song. I don't want hear people tuning up, or versions that didn't quite make it - to me it devalues the final product.

I've been looking forward to seeing it as well. Good luck with it!

Ironically, much of the "extra material" would be from my two trips to Surfer Joe Festivals where we did extensive taping Face Palm

thanks, Tom

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

Goto Page: Previous 1 2