Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink 04/07/2018: The Mermen in Morro Bay

Page 1 of 1

The Mermen are playing the 5th annual KROCK 97.3 107.9 fm Fundraiser on 4-7-2018.

The event is at the Morro Bay Veterans' Hall
209 Surf St, Morro Bay, CA 93442
(805) 772-6278
Free Admission
All Ages
Doors- 6pm PST
Show- 6:30pm

Bands,Artists on the bill:

The Mermen
Wood
Ricky Montijo
Jill Knight with Rob Capinosa

It should be a beautiful weekend on the Central Coast of California. What better way to enjoy it, than to include the a healthy dose of psychedelic ocean stylings of the incredible Mermen?

Link to event on Google Calendar

Bob

Last edited: Apr 02, 2018 22:24:03

Hmmmmm?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ahhh... A real surfer playing the real sounds of Real surf..I wish I could be there....I need to get my head under the waves again soon!

Salud!

Mark

Last edited: Apr 03, 2018 21:35:48

I'm goin', Jeff! See you there?

bigtikidude wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Bob

I'd love to, but I just saw the 2 shows around NYE.
And I need to be at the HB pier show Sunday morning.
Oh well, about can dream.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks for posting, see you there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great show by the Mermen in Morro Bay, last night. It was an unusual venue, a small radio station fundraiser at the local vets' hall. There were a ton of people there, and a lot of vendors and activities. Having been used to the Mermen doing "An Evening With the Mermen" format shows with no opening acts, this was considerably different. There were three opening bands, and I was a bit worried that the Mermen would only get 30 minutes before they shut the event down. They played a fantastic 90 minute set to an wildly enthusiastic crowd of mostly the "uninitiated". The set consisted of quite a few tunes from the two new albums, and classic Mermen standards, like "Curve", "The Goodbye", "Raglan", "Driving the Cow", Emmylou Rides Claence West, Then South", and "With No Definite Future". I don't recall any covers played. It was great catching-up with SG101er's, Terry (Needs More Reverb), and Darren Krueger. A group of people, having never seen the Mermen, traveled from Fresno, and were blown away. It was glorious weather on the Central Coast, and a great weekend all around.

Bob

Last edited: Apr 09, 2018 01:09:13

Kicking myself for not going now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It would have been too much, Jeff. You made the right decision. The organizers are over-the-moon about the Mermen's performance, and are hoping to bring them back to the Central Coast on a more regular basis. The Mermen were very happy about the show, too, and said that they'd love to come back.

I was really thinking hard about driving down from Morro Bay for the Pier show, and then the Glasgow Tiki Shakers at the Tonga Hut in the early evening. But I came to my senses, and didn't. Wish I could've gotten the Monday off. Then it would've been a no-brainer! I'm not as young and resilient as my conniving brain sometimes like to trick me into thinking. Smile

Bob

Maybe this will help ease the pain a wee bit.
http://www.mermen.net/
lists the following :

Tues. May 1st, 7-8PM Live one hour set on the radio: KSCO radio
http://offthelipradio.com/

Thanks for the report Bob!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Page 1 of 1